Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still can't get the window down in the 65wagon...removed motor, lubed the pis* out of eveything inside the gate to include upper guide rail (but no sign of any rust) have lubed entire inside/outside edge of glass..Have tried the 2 person push method..NOTHING.... looper heavy gauge wire over top edge on both sides and pulled,pulled,pulled and not even a budge !!!!!!

what gives???????? I REALLY would like to open my tailgate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I never tried this before on my 63 wagon. I am going to be working on my tailgate very soon. I do not have a power window.

I think you are going to have to unbolt your window regulator and pull/disconnect it from the the window channel. You might have to remove all bolts. I have removed glass from a door many times. I would think it is similar to that. Look for something bolted inside that might might be holding the roller for the window channel. Just watch out the window might drop down fast at any time.

They are guys on this site that have worked on these before. Maybe they can assist better.

Good Luck,
novamaniac

·
Premium Member
11,467 Posts
Like maniac, I have a manual window in my 63, so have no experience with this problem. If you can remove the regulator, though, you should be able to see what is holding the window from coming down. It may be the regulator itself. Can you turn the gears that the motor turns to lower the window?

Dan (also going power);)

·
Registered
857 Posts
There should be clips holding the arms to the window track,If you can get them off it should come down.Just make sure you have a hold of the glass or better yet have someone else hold it when you remove the last one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts