Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently running a cooper tire 295 55r15 on Jegs 10" wheels and want to go to a ET street tire. The coopers are tight now so i may step down to a 275. Summit claims rim size is 7.5-9.5 rim max. Wondering if you can get away with having a 10" wheel. Any pros/cons if it does work too? Going on a 63 with mini tub , leafs and about 2" lower in rear.

thanks fellas

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
These are on 10's, the section width is 310mm - 12" 3/16th.

Drag racers fit them to 12" rims.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im dumb when it comes to tires. So wider the wheel effectively increases the section width right? The area in question that gets close for me is inner sidewall "bulge" to leaf clearance. So why do guys put a wider than recommended wheel on? Does it perform better/worse? Bout to pick up some 275 or 295 MT et streets for the first time and trying to avoid buying a 8" wheel

·
Registered
272 Posts
Im currently running a cooper tire 295 55r15 on Jegs 10" wheels and want to go to a ET street tire. The coopers are tight now so i may step down to a 275. Summit claims rim size is 7.5-9.5 rim max. Wondering if you can get away with having a 10" wheel. Any pros/cons if it does work too? Going on a 63 with mini tub , leafs and about 2" lower in rear.

thanks fellas
what tire are you running as i have never seen a Cooper street tire with 295 55 15..???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts