Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 11.44" wilwood drag brakes in rear and 11.75 wilwood/chassisworks brakes in front. I would like to run 15x8 and 15x4.5 Cragars for that old time match racer flare. Hopefully someone has some experience with these wheels and disc brakes. I asked Cragar for the wheel dimensions but have not had any success yet, they did tell me I would need a spacers.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
NovaStar said:
I have 11.44" wilwood drag brakes in rear and 11.75 wilwood/chassisworks brakes in front. I would like to run 15x8 and 15x4.5 Cragars for that old time match racer flare. Hopefully someone has some experience with these wheels and disc brakes. I asked Cragar for the wheel dimensions but have not had any success yet, they did tell me I would need a spacers.
Hey, what did you find out on this? Did they fit?

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Strangely enough, I emailed them yesterday, and got a response back within a couple hours. They said that 14s or 15s, any width, would require a 1/2" spacer to clear disc brakes.

I wish someone with experience, especially on a first gen, would speak up. I know there are a few cars on the board running Cragar S/S.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, i have some 14x7 cragars of the front mine while i work on it and i have front discs. .It fits fine, there is about a 1/2" clearence or less but it fits. Take it for what it's worth.

Jeramie:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've installed front discs and have no problems with fitting my 15x6x3-3/4"bs cragars. Just the normal front wheel alignment issues but no clearance problems with any of the components.
Kirk

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I have a spare 15x4.5 Cragar S/S in the garage. I can get you any measurements you want. I don't have disks so I can't help you there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts