Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a edelbrock 1405 600 cfm 4 barrel carburetor would fit on my nova's inline 250 six cylinder? :) :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've seen it done I think but wasn't sure what it takes? Would I need an adapter plate or special jets for the carb?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Too much of both can be a bad thing. If you dump in a bunch fuel in all at once it is going to bog and run like crap. A 600 CFM carb while big for a six can work if you tune it right. I would start scouring web sites or hemmings for a 4 bbl manifold for a straight six. They make them, just have to search.

If you do it right it should wake up the six without too much of a fuel penalty. Definitely an old school approach.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You can get a manifold from offenhouser or clifford performance or I think stovebolt engine co. But if you got the carb cheap I would sell it and buy either a 390 or 500 cfm it will run a lot beter then drowning it with a 600. Good luck either way

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I had a 390 Holley/Offy intake on my 230" 6; it wasn't the one most people recommend, and it was way fat just about everywhere. I played with restrictions in the idle cicuit and jetting up and down and got it much better, but it still was unimpressive. You all know how I feel about Edelbrock's so we won't get into that again, but a 600 on an inline is too much in my opinion. For some reason V-6's seem to like larger carbs, but not Chevy inlines without a lot of other modifications. Something like a 32/36 Weber would probably be a better choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts