Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a stock intake/exhaust manifold from a 64 194 fit a 67 230 ? They look identical... I pulled my 64 194 motor and replaced it with a 66 230. I have a 67 with a 230 that has a broken exhaust flapper doohickey that helps warm up the engine ? It rattles and sounds like crap when its cold so plus the choke is broke so I thought I'd remove it and install the exhaust/intake from my 64 motor that has a working exhaust flapper and a working choke. I'm guessing remove and replace ?:confused: Any help is appreciated :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
I have never tried to exchange these parts, but I believe they are compatible.

Set them side by side for a visual check.

The "heat riser" is necessary when starting a cold engine.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Bolts right on.
The carb WILL BE LEAN!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, removed both int/exh manifolds. They match up visually and the entire process took about an hour.

to my surprise I removed the int/exh from my 67 and apparently it was previously on another vehicle:eek: The intake runners are a little different but overall it looks like it will bolt on:cool:

I did need to exchange the carburetors after I installed the 194 manifold on the 230. The 194 carb bogged real bad, plus it leaked:( I installed the carb from the 230 manifold and it purred like a kitten:yes: Now the choke works and the annoying exhaust rattle is gone from the broken exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my next project

Detailing my 64 engine compartment, not going for Concourse just cleaning up a mess before I reinstall the donor motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts