Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Try Dakota Digital. They have them, and they look "right" too!

Tim

·
Registered
224 Posts
Definitely try Dakotas. I have them on my 65 and they work awesome and look right. They are a single bright LED, not three or four side by side that look light trailer lights. They are one of the nicest things on my car!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I also have the Dakato Digital in my taillights they are much better..than the original bulbs.. You will need a no load flasher to make them flash correctly..

Len

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have dakota digitals in my '62 hardtop. They are pricey but I think they are well worth the investment. This has come up a couple times but I couldnt find the old threads under search.

·
Registered
65 Posts
tail lights

hey will they fit a wagon. i know stock ones are different for the wagon and the sedans. i found this oout after buying a couple of pair at swap meets.

·
Registered
288 Posts
pic of assembly

Definitely try Dakotas. I have them on my 65 and they work awesome and look right. They are a single bright LED, not three or four side by side that look light trailer lights. They are one of the nicest things on my car!
Do you have a picture of the bulb / LED...the DD pic of the 64 tail leaves a bit to be desired (i.e.I would like to know what I am paying for) as that seems a bit pricy for an LED...but what do i know?:confused:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I dont have a picture of the Dakota Digital LED assembly(my '62 is at my parents house, 3,000 miles away) but its a machined piece of aluminum, that bolts together to lock into the socket and has its own ground wire. Seemed pretty bullet proof to me. No more taking emery cloth to the light socket to get a ground and no more burned bulbs. They are so bright they are obnoxious to drivers behind me. The running lights are brighter than stock brake lights, and the brake likes are super bright. They stay cool unlike some other conversions. I used some summit bucks i had and got them cheap. Summit is great; dont like them then send them back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I dont have a picture of the Dakota Digital LED assembly but its a machined piece of aluminum, that bolts together to lock into the socket and has its own ground wire. Seemed pretty bullet proof to me. No more taking emery cloth to the light socket to get a ground and no more burned bulbs.
Yeah i remember those days....i think that law enforcement had a hand in on the design just so they could pass out the fix it tickets...:devil::mad:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah i remember those days....i think that law enforcement had a hand in on the design just so they could pass out the fix it tickets...:devil::mad:
Honestly the time and money on replacing burnt bulbs in 2 years, and time + money for installing and sanding the sockets. I bet you'd save money and time by buying the LED's. I fought my tail light for 2 1/2 years here in Wet Washington and I hate spending stupid amounts of money little things. These were worth it to me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Honestly the time and money on replacing burnt bulbs in 2 years, and time + money for installing and sanding the sockets. I bet you'd save money and time by buying the LED's. I fought my tail light for 2 1/2 years here in Wet Washington and I hate spending stupid amounts of money little things. These were worth it to me.
:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts