·
Registered
66 Chevy II, 67 Chevy II, 65 C10
915 Posts
David Stokers car. Nice one

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
Yep. Very drivable with the 327/275 and 9 kinds of fun with the 4 on the floor. Classic '66 Nova. If it's as nice as the pictures, I wonder what the final number will be. It will speak volumes.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
excellent color.

are those A-pillars bubbling or is it my eyes playing tricks?

that windlace endcap with two screws looks different than i'm used to seeing. is that an SS piece?

-Rusty

·
Registered
208 Posts
"are those A-pillars bubbling or is it my eyes playing tricks?"

I agree the drivers side A-pillar at the lower part of the windshield, does look like bubbling..

·
14,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Second generation Nova V/8 hardtops are notorious for stress cracks at the top and bottom of the A pillars. Body twist under hard acceleration is the culprit. My L79 had been welded and still showed hairline cracks at the bottom of each A pillar and at the driver's side top. I imagine this L30 car suffered the same thing, may have been repaired and is starting to appear again.

The windlace caps appear to be Corvair, not Chevy II.

Bob

·
14,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A 'no pay' deadbeat winner on the first go around, so it's back. As a result of the first auction, everybody knows the reserve was 55K, so now it's on as a classified ad for that price.

1966 Chevrolet Nova | eBay

B.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
I like the car a lot. Easier to deal with in a lot of ways than a L79 car. It would take a close look at the body to jump, but if those were just the typical stress cracks as Bob noted and there was not much else wrong, I think it's a great deal.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
bubbles at the top of the DS pillar, too.

whether cracks or bubbles...we're talking rust--and some coin to fix.

it is a shame on a car that otherwise looks pretty nice.

would you stick with the 55K? what would be your offer?

-Rusty

·
14,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bubbles at the top of the DS pillar, too.
whether cracks or bubbles...we're talking rust--and some coin to fix.
it is a shame on a car that otherwise looks pretty nice.
would you stick with the 55K? what would be your offer?
-Rusty
Impossible to know the extent of the A pillar bubbling without seeing the car or getting closeup pictures. Part of the buying process is noting all the things that
aren't clear in the ad and getting the information and answers from the seller. This appears to be a really nice car and 55K doesn't seem out of line these
days. It could be a whole new ball game if you were to see it in person. Maybe it's all it appears to be, or maybe spewing clouds of blue smoke out the back.
Who knows! The homework and investigation has to be done.

Bob

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Bubbles could be just bubbles or they could be pure Bondo.. The driver side A-pillar of my 64 turned out to be a masterpiece of body filler craftsmanship by a very talented artisan..
5B6E0374-FB25-4BDF-9797-36694C2C8C0E.jpeg

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Bubbles could be just bubbles or they could be pure Bondo.. The driver side A-pillar of my 64 turned out to be a masterpiece of body filler craftsmanship by a very talented artisan..
View attachment 422278
wow! that is pretty severe!

now, imagine having paid 55K and then finding that gem. just can't see paying that kind of cash and still having to do bodywork. you're pulling the windshield and trim.

you have to address those bubbles, one way or another as it mars what appears to be an otherwise beautiful car.

maybe it is just tough for me to see the big picture when putting out that kind of cash...

-Rusty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts