Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 72 nova. the only piece of trim that i don't have on the car is the hood lip moulding. i have the molding that i salvaged from an old man up the road of on old 71 nova race car that is a pile of rust. the hood lip moulding was surprisingly in great shape, but the clips that hold it on were so badly rusted that they crumbled. now i can't find those clips anywhere. i found it on one web site called the hood lip moulding hardware kit, but they are out of stock and no plans of restocking that particular part. does anybody know where i can get them. please help! thanks

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I made some for my 70 out of some alumanum And bolts/nuts.Toke a little time but they work.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sorry don't have any pics.But it's real easy.Just have one of your brackets and try to to make a replca of the one you have.For the stud use some bolts that fit in the holes in your hood and bolt them on.Sorry I don't have pics.

·
Registered
406 Posts
These are what I used when I installed my hood lip moulding-

You can pick these up at the local Napa or auto body supply store. they come in various sizes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everybody. i tried fabricating my own by copying the one original i had that hadn't crumbled (rust). i used a thin sheet of metal from a local printing company (news plates). with the right bending and crimping i made them 3 ply, drilled holes, and used a bolt and nut to clamp them to the hood. so far so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts