Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my big block parts for the 454 I picked up and I noticed that there are 8 dark colored rockers and 8 gold colored rockers. If I look at them side by side I notice that they are different ratios. Is this stock? Is one for the intake and the other exhaust? They are plain jane stamped steel rockers.I thought that all BBC rockers were 1.7's:confused:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one?? I would expect that the higher lift rocker is for the exhaust but I want to be sure. I should probably order a new set to be safe.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I was looking at my big block parts for the 454 I picked up and I noticed that there are 8 dark colored rockers and 8 gold colored rockers. If I look at them side by side I notice that they are different ratios. Is this stock? Is one for the intake and the other exhaust? They are plain jane stamped steel rockers.I thought that all BBC rockers were 1.7's:confused:
stock are 1.7 are they stamped 1.7 and 1.8? it would be hard to tell the difference in just .1

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe they're not different ratio. maybe half of them just have a different curve for more valve spring clearance?? I don't know. this is my first BBC build

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Sounds like old rockers and new..... One of the old tricks was to swap used intake rockers on to the exhaust side because they (SEE) less heat.. and install new on the intakes....

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
here are some pics of my rockers. you can see what I mean.
to me it looks like half are Black oxide the others are zinc dicromate...

thats all... I think it more for locating intakes and exhaust... ..

If it were me... black in the intakes and lighter color on the exhaust....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts