Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched, honest!

I'm looking to run the same size wheel (Torq Thrust) and tire combination on the front and rear on my 1967 coupe. I'm running the stock rear end and a Heidts front clip with stock height spindles. I want to run 15" wheels, thinking 15 x 6 or 15 x 7. I'm not looking to squeeze in the largest wheel and tire I can, looking for a nice clean look.
Thoughts please, pictures would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Im in for answers as well. The wheels I want are available in 15x7 or 17x8 (custom offsets are available but that's the only widths they offer on the 17s). Id really like to run 17s but don't think 17x8 will fit on the front.

To answer your question, I remember reading that 15x7 could fit up front with the correct backspace. EDIT: but you might not be able to run the same size tires all the way around unless you run narrow ones in the rear to match the front.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My 65 SS has 17x7's all around with 205/50/17's at all 4 corners. I honestly rather have a larger rear tire, but that's just personal taste. I'm waiting to upgrade my wheels, but haven't because I'm torn on whether to minitub the rear or not.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
I am running 17 x 8's on all fours (hopefully). That's what I have now but car is not on the road yet. 66 wagon with a TCI clip and 8'' Maverick rear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know this is an old thread
I'm searching these exact issues
any of you have more experience to share on tires/wheels

I have a 63 coupe 4 lugs still on front
got a 10 bolt out of a 67 camaro

I am looking at disk conversion for front and finding it difficult to know all the options and issues
there seems to be limited wheels in 7" with 4.5 bs

I last had the car on the road with 225-60-14 on 14x6, 4" bs

here are the tire sizes I'd like to run
225-60-14
225-60-15
225-50-16

I could run the 14s on 6" wheels, but not the 16 and no one makes a 16x7 4.5bs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts