·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey, Rex:
I'll bet your Buick Buddy will be going. I'm planning on all three days. By the way, Friday afternoon's (late) session of top fuel qualifying is just about as good as it gets, so think about that, too! If you're really hard core, bring along a gas mask so you can stand close to the Nitro cars while they (the crews) are tuning them. Todd

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I've went the last four out of five years. It's awesome. If I can clear the schedule for that weekend a few friends and I will be going up. Possibly the wife too, she's not much into cars but even she enjoys it.:)

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw my parents over the weekend and talked to Dad about buying him a ticket for his Father's Day present......so, we're going to be up there on Saturday. I was surprised to see that the reserved seating is all sold out on Saturday. I had to buy general admission.

I'll see if I can find a few of you guys while I'm up there. :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Yea, the few times I have looked for tickets online the reserved always sells out. We have always just bought the general admission tickets at the gate and never had a problem. I like to wander around and check things out anyway. Last year Edelbrock had their truck there with all the aluminum manifolds and heads on display. Talk about a kid in a candy store. Pretty cool.:cool:

We always stay the night up there so Saturday is usually the day we go.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
NovatoriusRex said:
Since July is on the horizon now, I'm considering starting to make plans to get my butt in the door at the NW's only national NHRA event.
]
Last time I checked... Mission BC is in the Northwest area, and this weekend the NHRA 1st event happens. Last year we had 3 NHRA events & I think again this year!! How come Seattle only gets one???? I know the racers love to come here for the track, I think now is cement to half-track, and we are at sea level where they can all set records!! I know in the past, the Seattle track was not upgrading the facilities and I think, that is why "Super Chevy" pulled out?? How is the track now?? Still headin' into the sunset at the end of the raceday?? The Mission track is 40 minutes from my house, so real close!! We'll be doing more Fri nite drags this year and Sharon will get her chance to get the Cloner down the track!! Does anyone ever venture this side of the border???

Bogie

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
Last time I checked... Mission BC is in the Northwest area, and this weekend the NHRA 1st event happens. Last year we had 3 NHRA events & I think again this year!! How come Seattle only gets one???? I know the racers love to come here for the track, I think now is cement to half-track, and we are at sea level where they can all set records!! I know in the past, the Seattle track was not upgrading the facilities and I think, that is why "Super Chevy" pulled out?? How is the track now?? Still headin' into the sunset at the end of the raceday?? The Mission track is 40 minutes from my house, so real close!! We'll be doing more Fri nite drags this year and Sharon will get her chance to get the Cloner down the track!! Does anyone ever venture this side of the border???

Bogie
I wasn't aware that anything happened at Mission other than the Div 6 finals. I don't see any "National" events listed on the NHRA website though for Mission though. :confused: It takes Top Fuel nitromethane, lots of free time, and lots of $$$ to get me to drive that far.

Given enough notice and plenty of company, it could happen some time. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, B/C L79:
Tracks like Mission & Woodburn get to sponser NHRA Divisional events. Seattle gets a Div. event each, year, too. I don't know if Mission has enough shut-down area to handle the Nitro cars, but it would be nice if it did. I hear that it's a great track & it would be fun to head up that way sometime. Thanks, Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts