Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Mine always worked fine. Is it an econo master or a standard holly?

I also agree with Mike.:yes:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
their weak spot

stomp it in first gear from an idle , if it bogs a sec , thats where they are not as easy to get the bog tuned out of , compared to other Holleys

Nice looking ride ya got there

·
Registered
748 Posts
Watching your're vid, the throttle responce seems very crisp and snappy. Sounds like you got it dialed in. That is one awesome car.:yes:

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
It's a 4160 carb.... it will open as the engine dictates...having 2 primary butterflies and 2 vacuum secondaries.. the 2 primaries act like a PD carb:eek:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Secondaries didn't move in the video. How is it in gear when the secondaries open?

Clean and crisp! I am actually really surprised it runs so well. I have not adjusted anything at all other than idle speed.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 4160 carb.... it will open as the engine dictates...having 2 primary butterflies and 2 vacuum secondaries.. the 2 primaries act like a PD carb:eek:

That would be true if these carbs were vacuum secondary carbs. These are mechanical secondary 450's.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
still same principle. the primaries are acting like a 1:1 DP....if you have them set as a 1:1

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I run 3 450's on my 250 L6 and they work just fine.And i have never has any issue with them even when i ran them on my dual clifford.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts