Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I would like to get my factory black plates restored who does them? I am alittle nervous sending them just to anybody. I live in mn wondering if anybody knows someone that they could refer ? I would send were ever if I knew Icould trust I would get them back . What should I expect to pay for a quality job? thanks for the help :confused:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Darryl's 266 Main St. Duryea,Pa. 18642 (570) 451-1600 He is the best,other members have got their plates done by him! He is 3 miles away from me!:D Give him a call.

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Another alternitive is to have your plates copied.There is a company that does this and the California ones look great.It takes 3-4 weeks and cost is around $200 for the pair.PM me if you want contact information.Yes I am sure it is not legal but if you are the registered owner of the plates who is going to check if the were made by the state of not.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
My father in law does this. He is not a professional but he is VERY anal.. Ive seen some plates he has done. He has a couple show cars and Ive seen his plates and they look perfect. So I called him up, tried to get a rough estimate. He was asking all kinds of questions, I forgot to look at what state you were in so I just said they were the old Cal black plates. He asked about the physical condition of the metal. I couldnt answer. He said he did a set that wasnt too banged up for 35 a piece and another set that was pretty bad for 45 a piece.

And I have complete confidence in his ability to make them look new and care for them like they were his own children. He is one of the most meticulous car guys I know. He was asking all kinds of questions about the car, he loves cars. He is retired so I can know alot of time will be spent on the plates. He has all the tools to make the metal just right.

So anyway, if you want his contact info lemme know and Ill shoot it your way. If anything just pick his brain for things to lookout for. He loves to talk cars and is easy to talk with. JR

·
Registered
46 Posts
plates

I had mine done by a guy in a body shop, it had some rust and was really beat up. He did a great job, so check into some body shops around where you live. Also you could check around the Pomona Swap Meet, there are some guys around that do that. I would be careful on having them copied CHP will roast you for defrauding the DMV, big fine buddy.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh and it cost me 80 bucks to have one plate completly redone

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
My father in law does this. He is not a professional but he is VERY anal.. Ive seen some plates he has done. He has a couple show cars and Ive seen his plates and they look perfect. So I called him up, tried to get a rough estimate. He was asking all kinds of questions, I forgot to look at what state you were in so I just said they were the old Cal black plates. He asked about the physical condition of the metal. I couldnt answer. He said he did a set that wasnt too banged up for 35 a piece and another set that was pretty bad for 45 a piece.

And I have complete confidence in his ability to make them look new and care for them like they were his own children. He is one of the most meticulous car guys I know. He was asking all kinds of questions about the car, he loves cars. He is retired so I can know alot of time will be spent on the plates. He has all the tools to make the metal just right.

So anyway, if you want his contact info lemme know and Ill shoot it your way. If anything just pick his brain for things to lookout for. He loves to talk cars and is easy to talk with. JR

Where in SoCal is he?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had a 1964 Arizona plate made by Licenseplatestv.com, for my 65 4 door, sent a picture of it with a copy of the original registration from 1964, and the MVD said I could run it, so I'm registering the car in May with this plate. Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts