Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine finally stopped bouncing and quit completely. I found a place for about 125 but for 75 more I can get a new one. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I highly doubt that the new reproduction ones are anywhere neer the quality of a rebuilt/restored one done by the right person/company.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I'm wondering ...Could it maybe be the gears on the end of the cable...inside the trans.....Not sure if you have a manual or automatic...But the gears in the manual are a piece of cake to change.........just a thought...

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Bouncing needle is usually a cable issue,it may have finally broken.The sawzal syndicate my have on out of the 67 wagon they cut up.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
I rebuild speedometers and repair odometers too. Send me a PM if you want me to look at it. I can also recalibrate the speedo without having to touch the plastic speedometer gear in the transmission if you have made a rear gear or tire diameter change.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not a cable issue

replaced that already, it WAS working and then finally stopped. Disconnected the cable, and it still spins, hooked it back up, speedo still no worky....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts