Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has put a Wilwood front disc system on their First Gen and what parts, MC and lines did you add?
What was your total cost too?
I ask because I am hoping to put a Wilwood front set up on my 65 and wonder if I can do this for $1000.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a wilwood d52 kit with 7/8" master cylinder. Using rotors from advance auto. great all around set-up. i have a racers discount, but still this will come in less the $1000.00. Talk to wilwood about your needs, then contact jegs for the purchase.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Depends on what size Wilwood brakes you plan on going with. There are several Wilwood systems for the 1st gens. Don't hesitate to contact a Wilwood dealer :D to see if they can help you out.

Walt

·
Registered
990 Posts
My 62 vert has the chassis works front end including the Wilwood dynalite calipers with 11.75 dia rotors. 7000 miles so far with very little wear. I think they work great, especially after just finding out both my rear disk calipers leaked fluid all over the inboard pads. Rear brakes are from 1980 Firebird. I just ordered the heidt's 4 link with a 9" coming with Wilwood dynalite 12" rotors and parking brakes. Better tighten the seat belts.:yes: Oh yeah, power booster and master/prop valve are from Master Power Brakes, Inc. Price was $500 ten years ago.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I'll be switching to Wilwoods in a couple of weeks with the disc brake setup I bought from an SNS member. I know I'll have well under $1000.00. :yes:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing that a call to Wilwood will give me the part numbers I need, but that will NOT include MC, Booster or lines which have to come from some other supplier?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm guessing that a call to Wilwood will give me the part numbers I need, but that will NOT include MC, Booster or lines which have to come from some other supplier?

Give Walt (Nova656567 above) a call on the Wilwoods; he's been great to deal with, then hit up Right Stuff for the MC, Booster, and lines. Their website is a disaster to navigate around in my opinion but they're fantastic if you call them and their pre-bent lines were pretty darn close if not right on and it won't break the bank. That's only 2 calls you have to make :D

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Walt is on my list. I figure I should make the first call to Wilwood Tech and then Walt when I'm ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts