Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am concsidering buying a set of the CC14 Sanderson Headers they make for the 62-67 Chevy II. I am also probably gonna get the shiny coating. Anyone had any experience with these? I am using a 194 Casting 283 block, 4 speed and my car has the factory front suspension. Comments? Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok my mistake. I found the HUGE thread on this. My big request is could some of you guys PLEASE post pics of your Sandersons on stock front end cars so I can check them out? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I luckily have a fantastic muffler shop a mile from my shop. I am not so worried about performance as I am looks. Also, I didn't want to interfere with my clutch linkage. I have went to great lengths to keep everything as it was designed as far as correct block, factory clutch/bellhousing etc.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats good to hear since looking at them online I was wondering if they might make plugs HARDER to deal with. As far as plug wires, can I still run them underneath the Sandersons? I am doing my engine compartment really neat this time and I wanna hide the wires somewhat.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I am concsidering buying a set of the CC14 Sanderson Headers they make for the 62-67 Chevy II. I am also probably gonna get the shiny coating. Anyone had any experience with these? I am using a 194 Casting 283 block, 4 speed and my car has the factory front suspension. Comments? Thanks!
I have them!They work/fit great!!bm

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Sanderson Block Huggers

I have them coated and installed on the 63 Acadian, our only issue was with the exhaust tubing on the pass. side, I had to change to a mini-starter. No problem on the driver side but it is an automatic.
The car is lowered so using these headers allowed me to tuck the exhaust up out of the way.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I have them coated and installed on the 63 Acadian, our only issue was with the exhaust tubing on the pass. side, I had to change to a mini-starter. No problem on the driver side but it is an automatic.
The car is lowered so using these headers allowed me to tuck the exhaust up out of the way.
both sets i've installed required that the passenger side collector be cut and tilted slghtly to allow better steering clearance.obviously this will only be a problem on a stock style front end.

the sanderson's (both sets i've had personal experience with)cracked on both sides where the primaries met the collector.the cure is to weld inside the collector and stitch the 4 tubes together.you may have to remove the "sanderson" tag on the outside as well for better welding access if this occurs and requires fixing.

overall i'd give them an 8 outta 10 for fit and a 7 outta ten for quality.
they definately don't enhance performance on my 327.i had long tube headers previously and i probably gave up 15-20 hp when i changed to the shorties,but i required the ground clearance due to the dropped spindles.
leftcoast carl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts