Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I have one of the Painles 7 circuit blocks. It works pretty good. They use quality wire and dual relays. The down side is all the leads are 18 gauge, so I had to change a couple. You could probably build it yourself for $40 or less.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
Are you asking about the main fuse panel replacement or adding a small sub panel? I added a small 6 circuit fuse block when converting to the TPI engine to power the computer, fuel pumps and all of the relays.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of the Painles 7 circuit blocks. It works pretty good. They use quality wire and dual relays. The down side is all the leads are 18 gauge, so I had to change a couple. You could probably build it yourself for $40 or less.
thats the one im thinking about gettin, idk what is all involved in building one urself, i know a lil bit but idk if its enough for me lol

Are you asking about the main fuse panel replacement or adding a small sub panel? I added a small 6 circuit fuse block when converting to the TPI engine to power the computer, fuel pumps and all of the relays.
an add on fuse block, nothing is wrong with my factory harness, just need some accessory taps for nitrous solenoids, lighting, ect...

^^ thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The fuse block is comprised of three or four components. You will need two of the four circut fuse blocks. You can add more if you want. They are available at most parts stores for $5 each. The come with the crimp terminals that snap into them. You will also need a relay large enough for your your power draw. You can doe what Painless does and use one 40 amp relay for each block.

You will get power for the blocks from the battery through the relay. The relay is turned on by ignition or accessory power. Wire them straight to the battery if you want battery power.

·
6,502 Posts
I've used a lot of different add on fuse blocks through the years and I'm gonna throw this out also:

The added things you put onto this fuse block, where are they grounded ?. If they are grounded to the body, then upgrade the body to engine or body to battery negative connection.

All electrical devices work best with a good power source and a good ground return path back to the battery and alternator.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I've used a lot of different add on fuse blocks through the years and I'm gonna throw this out also:

The added things you put onto this fuse block, where are they grounded ?. If they are grounded to the body, then upgrade the body to engine or body to battery negative connection.

All electrical devices work best with a good power source and a good ground return path back to the battery and alternator.

Jim
Good advice Jim. I've installed a 4 guage ground stud next to my block and I run my grounds to that; AC, fuel pump, under dash and other areas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts