Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where a guy could get a smokin deal on some 17's, i want to get a set for my 63ss , your help would be great

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
bigreds1963ss said:
no complaints there but i want a set for the rear that are backspaced 4.5 inches , im waiting for his response
I'm pretty sure those are special made by American Racing.I know for a fact they are about $100 more per wheel.I checked.Its pretty unlikely this dealer is gonna special order a set with 4.5 bs and have them sit on his shelf.I'm sure he buys the 4"bs in bulk.Good luck anyways !bm

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Do your home work on those rims If you plan a Big dics conversion they have clearance issures with the multi piston calipers.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I have 11" disc and 2 piston calipers.I have no issues.Were you talking 13" disc and 4 piston calipers?bm

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I bought some torq thrust knock off's.They look great imo.They were 700 to my door and the guy let me get them with 4.5" b.s.I really like the bullet style center caps too...They are redline alloy's wheels. Not a bad set of wheels for the jing.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those are nice wheels but i want to get americans, ive been happy with the quality in the past, anyone know of another place where i can get custom offsets

·
Registered
36 Posts
bigreds1963ss said:
those are nice wheels but i want to get americans, ive been happy with the quality in the past, anyone know of another place where i can get custom offsets
I have bought 2 sets of Americans from Fastlane Speed an Rod Shop.Both sets had custom backspacing. He is great to deal with and the prices are good also. Here is their web site fastlanespeedandrodshop.com.If you call him and get no answer,leave a message and he will return your call.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
bigreds1963ss said:
It's all what you like, i just thought when i was buying mine that i if i was buying cheap wheels like the Americans, i might as well save another couple bucks and just get an off brand..I will ride these for a while until i can get the intro's i've been looking at,then just pull the tires for my new wheels.If i planned on keeping this style i probaly wouldve bought the ar's...Good luck, take care

1 - 14 of 14 Posts