Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of the way they separated the white on their roofs? I ask because my roof is starting to get a bit surface rusty and I'm considering (half heartedly) shooting it with satin white to keep from further damage. Let me know please

If you could photoshop the car with a white roof that would help too. I just want to get a feel for it. I really don't like the idea of having to paint the roof, but I can't go back to the patina'd blue that's here. It looks sweet, but at the same time I don't want to be causing damage.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
It would've been done from the bottom of the pillars up.

I think I would leave it alone. I don't like white tops, but thats me.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would've been done from the bottom of the pillars up.

I think I would leave it alone. I don't like white tops, but thats me.
I'm toying with the idea. I'd rather leave it alone and probably will. I just need to see what people have got. It would look gross if the white included the pillars. I figured it was JUST the roof. Guess I figured wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
From the white roofs we have up here, the break tends to be at the roof drip rail and the top corner of the windshield gasket. On yours, look at the narrow section between the drip rail chrome and the windshield chrome corner.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the white roofs we have up here, the break tends to be at the roof drip rail and the top corner of the windshield gasket. On yours, look at the narrow section between the drip rail chrome and the windshield chrome corner.
Thanks. How's that wagon lookin? Anything new?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Blue66deucex2 and I were walking around his graveyard and half the cars with painted roofs were cut off at the drip rail, and the other half were done at the bottom of the A pillar, I think it breaks down to year or where it was painted - but any way its your car paint it the way you want it. I would rather have a rust free roof than patina. Your call really.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a quick photoshop...

Let's see... newish 250 being prepped/detailed with some goodies and a 2004r on the way. interior/bodywork next but not started.
That will get some GOOD gas mileage with a 250 and an o/d. I'd be rebuilding that rearend sometime soon as well. Get some pics up. I miss that car.

Thanks for the photoshop. It actually showed me what I was hoping - that I don't want the car to have a white roof. I thought it MIGHT look better than one color but I was definitely wrong.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it looks better on a gold car for some reason. that doesn't look bad at all. after seeing the photoshop though, i am not completely feeling it on my car.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
I thought white roofs were upgrades like trim was, i.e. model 300,or 400.
I've seen the pillars painted too & looks good if one likes two-tone.Any resto people have any idea?

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
i think it looks better on a gold car for some reason. that doesn't look bad at all. after seeing the photoshop though, i am not completely feeling it on my car.
I wonder if a paint shop can match your "patina" and use a semi-gloss/satin so you could repaint the roof area.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if a paint shop can match your "patina" and use a semi-gloss/satin so you could repaint the roof area.
you have a good idea there. i was hoping to do it myself if i had to. some paint shops are pretty good at matching that stuff. thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've heard it that 66-67 there were no two-tone options for the wagons.

If anything, you would have to follow the 65 look, but then again, it's your car, you can do what you want. :)

How do you post pictures? I actually took that patina, made it primer black, and painted the roof white. It looks really cool. I wanted to post it to show you guys.

DW

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've heard it that 66-67 there were no two-tone options for the wagons.

If anything, you would have to follow the 65 look, but then again, it's your car, you can do what you want. :)

How do you post pictures? I actually took that patina, made it primer black, and painted the roof white. It looks really cool. I wanted to post it to show you guys.

DW
I download my pics to a 3rd party like photobucket or picasa or fotki there are a bunch. From there it's fairly self explanatory. The site sorta guides you through it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts