Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 71 w/original stock 350, original cast iron intake and TH350 on the floor. Current exhaust is 2.25" H-Pipe setup with unknown mufflers and exiting behind the rear wheels. The muffler shop says the pipes are in good shape but the mufflers are shot. So mufflers are definitely needed, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to pick up a little extra performance if possible so I've decided to add headers as well.

Now the questions...

Exhaust:

I've decided to go with Magnaflow after reading endless posts, however I'm still not sure of which model I need. I'm looking to get as much performance gain as possible, without waking the neighbors from down the block (unless I'm mashing the pedal down fo course). I've heard the following two models recommended: 11226 and 11236, but not sure what the differences are or if there are other model numbers I should be looking for.

Header's:

I'm on a tight budget so I'm strongly leaning towards Summit brand ceramic headers. Again, I'm not exactly sure which model I need.

I'd love to hear input on whether the above combo is a good way to go and which part#'s will work best for my application.

Thanks!

- Derek

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
dont mean to threadjack here, but how is the summit headers ceramic coating holding up? thats a good price they have on those, if the coating holds up
its alright, after sometime it starts to get that ugly rusty looking color due to all the heat over time. they are pretty good for the price. i got them when they were cheaper. the coating is like any other header that has ceramic coating, over time they will start to get ugly, mostly the underside not so much on the top so its not to visible

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i had the summit coated headers on my 350, they fit perfect :yes:.i have AC and power steering and it fit no problem..i have a 72 so i dont see why it wouldn't fit your 71

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9001-9/
That's good to know as my car is also AC with power steering. Thanks for the link. Now just need to nail down which Magnaflows and pull the trigger on the purchase.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hi All,

I have a 71 w/original stock 350, original cast iron intake and TH350 on the floor. Current exhaust is 2.25" H-Pipe setup with unknown mufflers and exiting behind the rear wheels. The muffler shop says the pipes are in good shape but the mufflers are shot. So mufflers are definitely needed, but I'd also like to take this opportunity to pick up a little extra performance if possible so I've decided to add headers as well.

Now the questions...

Exhaust:

I've decided to go with Magnaflow after reading endless posts, however I'm still not sure of which model I need. I'm looking to get as much performance gain as possible, without waking the neighbors from down the block (unless I'm mashing the pedal down fo course). I've heard the following two models recommended: 11226 and 11236, but not sure what the differences are or if there are other model numbers I should be looking for.

Header's:

I'm on a tight budget so I'm strongly leaning towards Summit brand ceramic headers. Again, I'm not exactly sure which model I need.

I'd love to hear input on whether the above combo is a good way to go and which part#'s will work best for my application.

Thanks!

- Derek

Magnaflow uses part# 11226 in the kit for this application. Follow the link below and it will give you the description.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts_cars.asp?make=CHEVROLET&model=NOVA&year=1971

1 - 7 of 7 Posts