Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swapping my front clip and want to change my column at the same time.

After searching around I see that most use either I DIDIT or Flaming River, but i am totally lost as to which is a better choice.

Has anyone had experience with these replacement columns?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Either one will work fine as they seem about the same.
I went the old school traditional route and installed a junk yard 72-78 Chevy Van tilt column in mine.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I am real happy with my Ididit.I put factory tilt and turn signal levers and most people do not even realize it is not stock.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am real happy with my Ididit.I put factory tilt and turn signal levers and most people do not even realize it is not stock.
Looks good.Thats what I want: black and stock looking can I use my original steering wheel?

Am I mistaken or does I DIDIT cost more than the flaming river? and if so why?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Ididit

My original steering wheel will not stay there though..i got the gx01 from billet specialties

Pierre

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
What year car are you working on?the Ididit is patterned after a 69-72 column.If you have a three spoke wheel you need to use a 69-72 adapter.The 67-68 will bolt on but the diameter is smaller and has a funny gap.It depends on how particular you are.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
The Ididit OEM replacement tilt column that I bought accepted the original 67 wheel and had the right diameter to be a great match. :yes: I don't know if that's true for the generic replacements though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that I'm gonna go with the I DIDIT.

Anybody know the best place to buy from?

Thanks for all the replies

-theo

·
Registered
13 Posts
flameing river

I have a flameing river column in my car and was pretty easy once I got the right adapter to fit to the steering box. This is a nice column.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts