Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm pulling together everything that I think I need for a 63' front only disc brake conversion. I currently have the original hubs & I want to upgrade to power disc brakes.

I'm buying the disc brake kit from Scorpion suspension:

Part # DBK6267LX

Sorry, can't post links yet. I don't have enough post counts yet.

Their kit doesn't come with the 5 lug steering arms that are required to upgrade my 63' so I've been looking online for them.

There seems to be two different options for them & they look different enough to cause fitment issues so I thought I would ask you guys which one I should go with.

The two different styles are listed under CPP & they both state that they are needed for the upgrade.

Which one is the correct one?

Part # 6774SPA

or part # 6267SA

thanks in advance

Robert

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
What do you have on there now 4 or 5 lug setup.? I suepect you could just go to CPP for a disc brake kit preferably a Zero offset kit.. Many after market disc brake kits are derived from A body applications and they push the wheels out 5/8" per side. This Scorpion brake kit comes with spindles which I don't believe you need. You need the rotors, calipers, and brackets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 5 lug set up with hub brakes. Thanks for the reply & suggestion. I didn't realize that I could possibly use the spindles that are on there now. I'll take a look at the CPP options.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Just an observation, the cpp part numbers refer to the date range of the car, i.e.62-67 and 67-74. The same applies to your brake kit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good catch Jarhead64. I'm going to try & keep the spindles that are on there now when I add the disc brakes. I'll update this thread when I'm through. Thanks again.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you have 5 lug hubs on a 63 someone has already swapped to the 64-67 spindles and you'll be able to put the disc brakes on those spindles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for letting me know Jim. My disc brake kit is on the way. Eager to get started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts