Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A clifford or an OFFENHAUSER ? This is for a straight 6. Both I will be able to port and polish to make them flow better, but which do you think are better, Quality, Looks, Proformance, which one do the ladies like, you know those type of things?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
With the clifford you have to run headers they will not bolt to the exhaust manifold with the offy you can run either. I think that the offy looks better. But thtat is just me.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Looks aside, the consensus on the Inliner site is that for street cars, the Offy is better as it offers more low end torque. For more radical motors the Clifford flows better and generates more power at the top end.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an offy and a 600 holley on my 6 in the 63 it runs great

I'm looking to do the same on my 63.
Is yours a 194?
Did you have to do other modifications to the engine?
Are you using headers?

I found a 4bbl offy and a 2x1 offy w/carters. Not sure which way to go.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How does an the Offy intake, 390 Holley, headers, and cam affect a 194? Is it worth putting money into this motor? I was actually suprised by the stock 194, I actually thought it would be worse.

·
Registered
818 Posts
A 194 is really no different than any other motor. It responds to the same mods. The down fall is small cubes and to make big power you need a considerable amount of headwork. The mods you mention will definitely perk up the 194 and the parts you mention will also work on a 230 and 250 if you decide to increase displacement later on.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Offey is a Good daily driver intake , better low end to mid range Power
& torque. And can also be used for the track.The clifford was made for mid range To high RPM range.Like already said the offey will bolt up
with the stock exhaust. were as the clifford will not.
I have ran both intakes single 4b and cliffords dual 4b, But bottom line is my intake works better then either,But mine is special hehe 3x4 b.:)

But it is also my understanding Is that the newer intakes don't fit as well as the older ones.I know many who have sent them back.The Quality just isn't the same as it used to be i guess,(BUT that's with most things no a Days I guess)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does the Offenhauser intake have a provision to hook up the hot water from the cooling system like the Clifford intake? I have heard that there is a problem with fuel freezing when the stock exhaust manifold heat is removed from the intake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts