Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just about done with my motor build and am in limbo on which intake I should use. I have and edelbrock perfromer rpm and a weiand team g. Here are some specs on the motor and car!
355 splayed caps steel crank
edelbrock perfromer rpm heads 64cc
6" rods with forged Diamond flat tops 9.73 compression
Solid flat tappet 520 lift ground on a 108 installed on 104 [email protected] .050
hooker comp headers 1 5/8 tubes
quick fuel 750 carb
350 turbo with manual valve body and 4000 stall
3.89 gears in a 9"
3060 lbs
275/60/15 drag radials
calvert bars,spring and ranchos in the rear
Moroso trick springs in the front with calvert 90/10 shocks
I am also planning on spraying it with either 150 or 200 in the near future. This is a street strip car that only gets driving on nights and weekends with maybe 2000 -3000 miles a year! It seems both intakes are in my operating range so any help would be appreciated! If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help!:yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
:DTEAM G!:D:yes:

unless you want to slow it down and gradual move up!HAHA!:devil:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Definately Team G. That's what I have and it seems to be working okay for me. Like was said above, with that stall and camshaft, it's a no brainer. Especially if you're going to spray it. Sounds like a good running combo!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
got a screamin deal on the pistons from a good friend! I will let the jug make up the difference
I see--cheap, deal, and free are my favorites!
But then high compression engines respond really well to juice too.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
looks good eddie!!! since your spraying it I'd use the Team G. Also try out one of those super sucker tapered 4 hole spacers. It should help out alot.

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
i can't remember exactly but don't dual plane manifolds have nitrous distribution problems after a certain point? i seem to remember reading this either on the bullet or my nitrous kit instructions...

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks good eddie!!! since your spraying it I'd use the Team G. Also try out one of those super sucker tapered 4 hole spacers. It should help out alot.
Thanks mikey! Those super suckers are exspensive! I want one and am going to be scrapping the pennies to get one!:devil: Do you think the 1" or the 2"?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
with the N20 plate I'd get the 1" spacer. NX sells a plate system that has spray bars installed in a super sucker. I don't think you'd gain anymore with a 2" spacer given your combo. You can ask john(camgrinder) he'll tell ya the same thing.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
with the N20 plate I'd get the 1" spacer. NX sells a plate system that has spray bars installed in a super sucker. I don't think you'd gain anymore with a 2" spacer given your combo. You can ask john(camgrinder) he'll tell ya the same thing.
I spoke with John for a little while this morning, after all, it is his cam!!! I really appreciate the info, I will be looking for a safe tune once all is installed!:yes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts