Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently pulled all of the power steering components from my 63 for a conversion to manual steering.
I'm in the process of cleaning up the manual steering parts and I just ran into a question.

I have read that either the power steering idler arm or the manual steering idler arm can be used with the manual steering setup.

Which is the correct/best way? I have both idler arms and both brackets (3 & 4 holes).

Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Idler Arms

I would go with the 4 _ bolt manual idler arm to be more secure and better match up. I would also recomend going with the Idler arm roller bearing conversion sold by many of the various Nova parts vendors,the roller bearings eliminate a lot of effort to turn the steering wheel.The conversion does away with the rubber bushing in the idler arm and center link pivot part.If you are not aware of the roller bearing idler arm conversion kit you need to check it out,it will make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm in the process of doing the same , converting from power to manual steering.
I've assembled the manual parts and will be sending them out to Global West to have their bearings put in the idler and centerlink.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts