Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor in my '70 Nova blew up (a 305) & I'm going to get a 383 GM crate motor for it (SP 383 Deluxe). What Holley fuel injection should I get for it? The guy whose putting the motor in recommended Holley & I remember it being recommended on here. 435 HP & 445 Tq. Thank You! Bill

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have the Terminator but if I was doing another one tomorrow I would consider the Sniper or MSD Atomic. I would buy a Tanks, INC fuel injection tank and run a GPA4 in tank pump. I mounted my fuel pressure regulator on the return side of my injection and mounted it to the throttle body using AN fittings. I have been driving mine for a year and have close to 2000 miles on it and simply put, I love it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You! I remember reading on the site that Holley's were easier to tune that other but when I went to their web site they have several different ones. Why would you consider the Sniper over the Terminator? Bill

·
Registered
869 Posts
One word. Money. For a typical street only car the Terminator is double the cost. The Terminator does off the ability to do more things but honestly all I use it for is to run the car. I don't use it for boost, power adders, running the fans, timing or anything like that. The Sniper or Atomic will do anything I'm doing with my Terminator. I do not have any experience with the Sniper but I have a friend running the Atomic and it is pretty impressive. I have helped him with it. There are lots of different companies that sell FI units but every time I've needed help I have always been able to get quick efficient help over the phone.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Keep long term tech support in mind. I recommended an Atomic for an LS and now years later no support...assuming you keep your car.

I've run Holley for over a decade...love it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You g2072 & Tim! After trying to get all the info I can on FI I think I'm going with a carb for now. Down the road I'd like to try the Sniper... I ordered my motor this afternoon. The GM Performance SP383 small block. A major part of my decision is that I want to keep the install as simple as possible. Too much conflicting info on the FI install. Long story short but I have no time to do it myself, escrow closes on a mobile home I bought on 10/15 so I have to get my blown up Nova out of the driveway of my rental, etc, etc, etc... I want something where all the shop has to do is unbolt my blown up 305 & bolt in my Crate motor. A simple swap. If I had the time/place/money I'd do an LS or LT swap... Thanks again! Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts