Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with headers that fit a ZZ4 with a TCI front end kit. I was hoping I would not have to buy the $600 set from TCI.

Thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Ahh the dilemma of headers with the tci clip. I suffer from that myself. Check out Rewarder they make a set for d ports with the tci. $440 not cheap either but better that $600

www.rewarderheaders.com

·
Registered
161 Posts
TCI clip (headers)

1chevelle said:
Does anyone have any experience with headers that fit a ZZ4 with a TCI front end kit. I was hoping I would not have to buy the $600 set from TCI.

Thanks
Don
I,m the one that got those headers designed in,for TCI.They are S and S.. Buy them from sachserodshop.com in Texas, and save LOTS of $$$ .If you want to see pic,s e-mail me..... [email protected] Page 82 of their cat.P/N 5205 ,Raw=$245.00 and Ceramic coated+ $410.00, 1 3/4" tubes and 3" Collector flange,full length.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Hey Roger that can you post pics of under the car where they come out? Im trying to figure how low they hang. Thanks for the info too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Headers with TCI

I looks like the rewarders are 3/4 length and the sandersons are 1-3/4 tube size.
Does anyone make a 1-5/8 header to fit? Or will it really make any difference?

Don

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
The Hedman Elites 68168 fit great in my TCI clip, they are only 1-1/2 primaries but they are full length with a 3" ball & socket type collector, they tuck very tightly, have 3/8 thick flanges, come ceramic coated....and oh yeah they retail for like 275.00.:D They are still mocked up in the car for a couple more weeks so if anyone would like some pics let me know.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You need to ask the header manufacturer an important question.
"Will it fit with a manual tranny?" I do not know what trans anyone is running but many full length headers which fit TCI do not work with a manual trans.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You need to ask the header manufacturer an important question.
"Will it fit with a manual tranny?" I do not know what trans anyone is running but many full length headers which fit TCI do not work with a manual trans.
I'm pretty sure the hedmans will work with manual tranny linkage. I had a set for my car with the checkered racing clip and I specifically bought them knowing I needed to clear the linkage. I ended up changing to different headers with 1 3/4 primaries and 3 1/2" collectors and going to hydraulic clutch but if you check on summit or the manufacturer it should have notes that say yes or no to the fit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rewarder Headers

I ordered a set from thier website last week and received an order comformation email. As far as I can tell the order didnt go thru. My account dont show the billing and they do not answer their phone and all the support links come back System/undeliverable. Has any body ordered through them. A boat shop that sells thier brand said he didnt know the took personal orders? How did you order thm if you have them? Any help ? Thanks

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
has anyone used the headman elite 68168 in the chassi works clip? With small block
With the Chassisworks any header that fits a stock clip should fit, but you could call then just to be sure before buying them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts