Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been awhile hope everyone is doing well. Looking to install an 500-600 hp efi kit. Need some input on the Holley sniper kit,fast efi kit,and the fitech kit. Reason why is a friend of a friend had a lot of trouble with the sniper kit, Holley sent out 2 kits and still had trouble.He ended up going with the fast kit. Thanks Nova freeks now let the fun begin.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Same here fi-tech meanstreet, original tank from 74 cut to accept a PA4 Tanks in tank pump. Braided stainless -6 ptfe fuel line for supply and return. No issues runs flawless.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've worked on Holley Terminator, MSD Atominc and Fast. Of the three I like the FAST the least just because of the hand held. I have a Terminator and it has been great. If I bought new tomorrow I would buy the Sniper or Atomic. I don't care who has done what or what has worked for whomever, if you want your car to work properly you need to get your pump in the tank and run a return line. You can externally mount your pump but the return is a must. The few times I've had to call Holley and MSD I have had quick efficient service. We stayed on hold for over a hour one night working on the FAST unit and when they closed the call was cut off and after leaving a message they never got back with us.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have zero personal experience. So, if you want to discount my opinion completely, you're more than welcome. It's understandable.

However, I try to keep tabs on fuel injection threads in the forums I visit, and have had quite a few friends and family members mess with various systems.

Overall, Holley systems seem to be the best bang for your buck, with the best reliability and support.
FiTech is really hit-and-miss, and seems to have more quality control issues than others.
FAST doesn't get talked about much, outside of industry plugs. I'm not sure what to think of it.
MSD's Atomic is very well loved by guys that don't want to do any tuning - just plug it in and let the computer figure things out - but not very popular with people that want to dive in to the tune.
Edelbrock's offerings don't get much love, but there aren't many complaints, either - other than not being as tunable as the Holley systems.

At the end of the day, my money would go to Holley - the Terminator, specifically, since any engine upgrades would include future-proofing for boost.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My Nova has an LS, but I got a Fitech Go Street 400hp on my '66 Oldsmobile with the stock 330.

It's definitely been an improvement over the carb and definitely reliable (took it 1,300 miles to Portland OR and back this summer).

I'm still using the stock tank with an simple external pump and filter and the base model Fitech I have is not controlling timing. If I did it again, I would probably go for one of their systems that also controls timing (having the computer system control that as well just seems like good idea and I've heard it makes a difference with responsiveness).

As for Fitech, I feel like their systems are infinitely tunable and that becomes it's weak point.

Because I can adjust EVERY LAST SETTING I'm never 100% confident I have it dialed in as good as it can be. Should I add more fuel to cold starts? Should the prime shot be turned off? Should I raise my AFRs at cruise? At what point should fuel be cut on deceleration? Would it run better if I adjusted the IAC?

It's hard to stop messing with it and just enjoy it.

Also, keep in mind you'll need to budget for that truckload of AN fittings you'll need when you do the fuel system.

All that griping aside, my '66 Olds hasn't been started in weeks and I know if I go down and turn the key it'll fire right up.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
You don't hear much about Edelbrock pro-flo but a I have been running one for over 10 years and never had a problem. Turn the key even after setting for weeks and go.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have run the Terminator system for a few years now. I tune via laptop. It has been a good product. It allows me to run a decently high hp motor with a significant cam on the street easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts