Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am looking to get a new carb but a not sure what to get. I have a 63 that has the 194, just use it as a daily driver but want a decent carb to replace the original with. Any thoughts? I really don't know too much about carbs so I don't have a clue as to what would fit in my car without doing any mods etc.

Mine was rebuilt a few years ago when I first bought the car and still does not work right even after adjusting every which way. Ideally I would love to keep the original one, but as it is now it runs rich and sputters a bit until the car is warmed up, also the vacuum hose had to be taken off and plugged as it always had suction. As it was rebuilt already not sure if doing it again would fix the problem or not. Really I just want it to run well so I can drive it without worrying.

Cheers!
Chris
Here is a photo of what it has if it helps....

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
That is exactly what I need!!!! A million thanks to you my friend:D You have made me one happy camper.
Glad to help! I've been there with the frustration of wanting to replace parts to solve a problem. It may be just the ticket. On the other hand, it'd be much better in the long run to understand what the problem really is, before you buy a whole new carb. Hopefully the forum can connect you with some expertise, as well as parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.