Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do those of you with experience usually pick up things like a set of USED Cragar SS mag wheels to fit a 67 Nova? I know enough to look at places like Swap meets but are there other places that I should also try that can usually be counted on to find them without depending quite so much on 'luck'?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Most likley on Ebay.

Nice ones will cost as much or WAY more than new ones.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
They turn up quite often on Craigslist. :yes:

Unless you're looking for something rare like my 4" wide SS's that have not been made in years and can get pretty pricey. :yes:

However, as mentioned, price new ones if you're just looking for common sizes. They're cheaper than you'd think. ;)

Here are my "old" 4 inchers and my "new" 14 inchers..........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

OK, I was hoping somebody might have a discount used parts place that could be counted on for such purchases. I guess I am surprised that you can buy NEW as cheap or cheaper than used ones. I guess it's good to know so I don't continue to keep trying to locate that 'deal of a century' which probably will never come along.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
15x6's are about $150.00 ea. new.

If you shop around (Google the part number is the best way) you can find some dirt cheap prices. Take the lowest price you can find, contact Summit Racing, tell them the lowest price and where you found it and Summit will beat it by 10%. :yes:

I got my 15x14's for about $200.00 each which was a savings of around $70.00 for the pair. :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good tips...

All right! Now these are the kinds of valuable tips that I was hoping somebody could provide. I'm already getting 'wiser' but it's all because of those who have been there, and done that....Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Well then.... why didn't you say so in the first place? :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
they turn up quite often on craigslist. :yes:

Unless you're looking for something rare like my 4" wide ss's that have not been made in years and can get pretty pricey. :yes:

However, as mentioned, price new ones if you're just looking for common sizes. They're cheaper than you'd think. ;)

here are my "old" 4 inchers and my "new" 14 inchers..........

ohhh man those look sweet....

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
They turn up quite often on Craigslist. :yes:

Unless you're looking for something rare like my 4" wide SS's that have not been made in years and can get pretty pricey. :yes:

Here are my "old" 4 inchers and my "new" 14 inchers..........

What is the back spacing on those rear Cragars?

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
What is the back spacing on those rear Cragars?
They are 15" x 14" with 4-1/2" backspace and the "dedicated" 4-3/4" bolt pattern. These are a "stocking order" wheel. Cragar will make a custom backspace wheel for about 10 additional dollars per wheel.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Cragar will make a custom backspace wheel for about 10 additional dollars per wheel.

[/quote]

Curious, ....who / how / where did you do business with on your wheels? Are they the ones who said we can get custom offsets?
I 'may' need custom rears.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Curious, ....who / how / where did you do business with on your wheels? Are they the ones who said we can get custom offsets?
I 'may' need custom rears.
I delt with Carlisle Tire directly then placed the order through Summit Racing. Carlisle Tire owns Cragar Wheel Company. So I called Carlisle/Cragar (800-398-1367) talked to their customer rep (can't remember his name), told him what I was looking for and we came to the conclusion that I could get away with their "stocking order" wheel. He gave me all the proper part numbers I needed to get the wheel I wanted with a dedicated bolt pattern (no uni-lug). I gave the part numbers to Summit Racing and Carlisle/Cragar sent the wheels to Summit so that Summit could mount the new tires and send them to me.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Excellant information - Thank You!

·
14,584 Posts
I had my 15x12 cragars custom made by Carlisle tires through Summit. They were 15 x 12 with a 7.5" backspace. Carlisle drop shipped them to me in 3 weeks. They cost $250 ea.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I paid $209.00 each for my 15" x 14" SS's through Summit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The bad part about used Cragers IS ... Most of the people leave them outside. The Chrome rim will rust and if rust gets under the chrome plating on the spokes they will bubble and peel.

Better off buying NEW Cragers. Also you will have the knowledge the new wheels will fit your car.

Bryan

·
Registered
155 Posts
There is a set on craigslist for $200. Look under Little Rock, AR/ auto parts
WHAT?? you gotta be freaking kidding me... my hometown... and i looked for WEEKS.. but on the up side I got to meet mark... makes it all worth it. If anyone wants these i have folks in LR that can get pix and help shipping...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts