Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my body guy requested that I get him about a 4x4 sheet of sheetmetal for various patches...a small hole in the floor, radiator support, etc.

Does anyone know a source for such metal? I was going to suggest to him that we cut sections from my old rusted out hood.

thanks again!

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Well, your local hardware store (ACE, Menards, Home Depot) should have some for around $40. It would be much cheaper to hunt down a local distributor or whatever as he will sell you a decent piece at about a 3/4 of what it cost's in a store.

Alex

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I've gotten my sheetmetal from Menards, and they're supplier is Metalworks. It's worked great so far and it doesn't warp too fast unless your welding really hot.

One question. Why doensn't your body man get it himself? That's what he does.

Alex

·
Registered
225 Posts
walkerjay said:
my body guy requested that I get him about a 4x4 sheet of sheetmetal for various patches...a small hole in the floor, radiator support, etc.

Does anyone know a source for such metal? I was going to suggest to him that we cut sections from my old rusted out hood.
Plumbing and heating contractors will often sell you a sheet (that's where I get mine).

·
Registered
122 Posts
You should be able to get it at you local auto body "jobber." Look in the phone book under Automotive Paint and Supplies. This is (most likely) where the body shop would get it...

HTH

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
i secfond the plumbing and heating. i went to a a/c ductwork shop. picked up some really large scrap out of the dumpster. 2 ft x 2ft and a almost full sheet of 18 gauge 4ft x 8 ft. with a little holw cut out of it.

they said if its in the dump its yours.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Necro said:
i secfond the plumbing and heating. i went to a a/c ductwork shop. picked up some really large scrap out of the dumpster. 2 ft x 2ft and a almost full sheet of 18 gauge 4ft x 8 ft. with a little holw cut out of it.

they said if its in the dump its yours.
Sweet. I'll have to remember that, lol.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
The floors in my 74 camaro were made from the sides of an old washing machine that my neighbors were throwing out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts