Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Tons of places have them (Summit, Jegs, World, Dart, Edelbrock, Smedling, Wheeler, etc etc), and don't forget your local speed shop or engine builder. Remember to check reputation, parts list and price when you compare them. You get what you pay for.

Both my 383s have been built locally, and it helps to have a guy I see at the track most weekends to ask questions to instead of a $8 an hour guy over the phone.

Derek

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
my next short block might come from one of these two...

cncmotorsports.com

or

competitionproducts.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tons of places have them (Summit, Jegs, World, Dart, Edelbrock, Smedling, Wheeler, etc etc), and don't forget your local speed shop or engine builder. Remember to check reputation, parts list and price when you compare them. You get what you pay for.

Both my 383s have been built locally, and it helps to have a guy I see at the track most weekends to ask questions to instead of a $8 an hour guy over the phone.

Derek
Eagle has a recp assembly for around !1700 with all premium parts.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I just got a Competition Products catalog in the mail, man are there prices good!:yes: I see myself spending some money there in the near future.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Eagle has a recp assembly for around !1700 with all premium parts.
Actually it's about 1900 for the full forged one and around 1000-1200 for the ones with SIR rods and cast crank (good to 500-550 hp). I have the forged kit in my current 383 but raced/drove on the cast assy for three years without a hiccup.

Derek

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Actually it's about 1900 for the full forged one and around 1000-1200 for the ones with SIR rods and cast crank (good to 500-550 hp). I have the forged kit in my current 383 but raced/drove on the cast assy for three years without a hiccup.

Derek

You overpaid my friend...The cast crap is no more than $800, and the forged competition kit is ~$1650 give or take. Those prices are straight out of Jeg's..I had the cast assembly in my engine, until one of their cheap 3/8 capscrews let go which windowed the block/pan, sending me into the wall. I'm dont with cast junk and crap hardware...My new piece is all forged with h-beams and 7/16 capscrews good to more than double the power being put to them..

·
Registered
210 Posts
You overpaid my friend...The cast crap is no more than $800, and the forged competition kit is ~$1650 give or take. Those prices are straight out of Jeg's..I had the cast assembly in my engine, until one of their cheap 3/8 capscrews let go which windowed the block/pan, sending me into the wall. I'm dont with cast junk and crap hardware...My new piece is all forged with h-beams and 7/16 capscrews good to more than double the power being put to them..
The cast kit w/ hypereutectic pistons is about $750-829, but the cast kit with forged pistons is $1285 and the competition kit with forged everything (including pistons) is $1969. Those prices are on Summit's website right now.

I didn't want to use hyper pistons on a 500 hp engine that has spray on top, thus I paid a little more for the SRP or JE (depending on the kit) pistons. But my 383 that was built with their cast kit lasted three years of street and strip time, including a 10.50 pass on a 120 hp shot of juice.

Sorry to hear about your luck, as I've had great success with Eagle stuff.

Derek

·
Registered
162 Posts
Check out racingjunk.com .....there is a guy on there(Murray i think) he is selling 383 eagle cast kits for 589.99 + shipping.......thats a good deal in my book:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts