Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a particular vendor that has better quality trim parts? I bought a Bow-Tie outside mirror for my passenger side about a year ago & just noticed the chrome has tiny pinhole size "bumps" on most of the surface, probably from an inferior polishing/plating process. Any suggestions where to buy good stuff?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I got my mirror from Classic Muscle Restoration Parts.
It is a genuine GM Restoration Parts Part. I paid $31.75 for it. Looks nice!
Good luck and just make sure its a GM Restoration Parts Part and you should be ok. Keep in mind that not much is made in US anymore:(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I can't remember where I got mine. How long have you had yours & did you look at the chrome closely? Mine look's great from 12inches away but when you look close you can see the small defects. I'm concerned it will lead to pitting.

Are all mirrors with the Bow-Tie emblem Genuine GM Restoration Parts?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Trim

Ditto Trimparts seems to have a higher quality standard:yes:

·
Registered
750 Posts
My bowtie chrome mirrors have done the same in less than 2 years. :mad: I believe they are Goodmark, which I thought was a decent brand. :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It appears that Trimparts does not carry any rear view mirrors. None on their on-line website unless I overlooked them.:(

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I can't remember where I got mine. How long have you had yours & did you look at the chrome closely? Mine look's great from 12inches away but when you look close you can see the small defects. I'm concerned it will lead to pitting.

Are all mirrors with the Bow-Tie emblem Genuine GM Restoration Parts?
mine looks good with no pits and a mirror finish, give that place a try! I got my lower door hinges from them too and they had better prices than Classic Ind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts