Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the back of the 350 trans you have a place where the rubber hose gose to and that goes where having brain fart!! is it front of the carb? Well heres the problem i have a slap shifter and i want the trans to shift when i want it to shift and i dont have a kickdown cable on at all it's blocked off and it is sometimes it's shifting on its own?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i dont have any vac ports on the the motor just carb andi only have 1 in the back of the carb and i have that for power booster. But i have 2 little ones in the front of the carb that will work?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I find it hard to believe that you dont have any other Vac Port on the carb but if so you should have one in the intake front of distributor. If not then install a tee on the vac line to booster.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i dont have any vac ports on the the motor just carb andi only have 1 in the back of the carb and i have that for power booster. But i have 2 little ones in the front of the carb that will work?

Of those two little ports one will be manifold and one will be ported vacuum. You can use the manifold vac port. Btw not having the modulator hooked up will cause delayed shifting and high line pressure at all times.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's a proform! Well i put it in the back with a T hooked up with the booster and now it doesnt shift! so maybe ill put it in the front of the carb where i think it was before and try that when you pointed out.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Look inside the trans modulator and see if the is a screw head in it.It may be adjusted all the way in thats why its not shifting. Try installing the vacum line on the carb and not the brake booster. If the vacum T breaks or the line comes off you're brake pedal will be hard to push and the engine start misfiring. RICK Hey mod did I forget the F in shifting?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
it's a proform! Well i put it in the back with a T hooked up with the booster and now it doesnt shift! so maybe ill put it in the front of the carb where i think it was before and try that when you pointed out.
I have mine on the little one on my Quickfuel carb and mine works just fine. If you T into the brake line it should work at least while you are not on the brakes. That 3/8" is a big vacuum and I would think it would work even while on the brakes.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
should the modulator screw be flush to the outside or should it be in all the way? mine was in about 1/8 or 3/16 what should i do?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
To adjust the shift points of the transmission, disconnect the vacuum hose. With a flat blade screw driver turn the screw on the inside of the modulator end clockwise to raise the shift points and firm up the shifts. To lower the shift points turn the screw counter clockwise, this will also soften the shifts. Only turn the screw two full turns at a time, reconnect the vacuum line to the modulator, and then test drive the vehicle. Re-adjust if necessary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts