Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
13,802 Posts
It has Michigan plates on it. Could be a GM file photo not used in any brochures or advertising.

Bob

·
Registered
582 Posts
I thought it was the Yurkanin car but the bumpers on it are deluxe, not on in the one in the color photo. Very close though. I'm sure the car is a US made Nova, no SS were available in Mexico, and I believe only 4drs were made in Venezuela. I doubt an SS ever made it into a dealership south the border.

·
13,802 Posts
This picture is in a book I have called 'Chevrolet - The Complete History.' It's a coffee table sized book compiled by the editors of Consumer Guide. In addition to this pic, there is a smaller one taken from the rear. The car is a 1976 Nova SS. The plates on the car clearly show they are Michigan, but don't indicate they are manufacturer tags (did they have manufacturer tags in 1976?). There is no photo credit on the pictures, so the origin is unknown.

Bob

·
Registered
80 Posts
This picture is in a book I have called 'Chevrolet - The Complete History.' It's a coffee table sized book compiled by the editors of Consumer Guide. In addition to this pic, there is a smaller one taken from the rear. The car is a 1976 Nova SS. The plates on the car clearly show they are Michigan, but don't indicate they are manufacturer tags (did they have manufacturer tags in 1976?). There is no photo credit on the pictures, so the origin is unknown.

Bob
i hate to bust some bodys bubble : the car is a 79 nova ( note the head lights are square) or am i seeing things

·
Registered
582 Posts
Id say its either Mahogany Metallic or Firethorn Metallic. I bet on Mahogany, although in the pic it seems somewhat lighter in tone than others Ive seen. Maybe its the strong lighting.

Firethorn is much redder, but then maybe the photo color could be very distorted.

Id say Mahogany.

·
13,802 Posts
i hate to bust some bodys bubble : the car is a 79 nova ( note the head lights are square) or am i seeing things
I think you're seeing things:). The headlights are definitely round and it's an SS, the last year in a Nova.

Bob

·
13,802 Posts
Id say its either Mahogany Metallic or Firethorn Metallic. I bet on Mahogany, although in the pic it seems somewhat lighter in tone than others Ive seen. Maybe its the strong lighting. Firethorn is much redder, but then maybe the photo color could be very distorted. Id say Mahogany.
I agree, it's Mahogany. Great color on the last year of the SS.

Bob

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dont agree. It seems obvious its a factory color. Chesterfield and Buckskin Met. were not available in 76 Novas, and Saddle Brown metallic is sort of a medium tan brown that isnt even reddish.

There is a color list at
http://www.novaresource.org/c76.htm

The fight is between Mahogany and Firethorn, but I would stand by the former.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Using the color palette from NovaResource, I can see how those colors would line up. However, if you search the internet for other chip analysis for those colors, there seems to be quite a bit of variance in intensity, hue and saturation. But whatever it is, it looks really good.:yes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts