Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K....... someone tell me who has the best disc brake conversion kit out there for my 1962 Chevy II ~ Nova which will require a 4-lug bolt pattern on the disc rotors.
I can't afford a complete 5-lug conversion due to converting the rear axles, and new 5-lug rims ~ I like my centerline rims and I would like to keep them.
I saw a nice set-up thru SSBC ~ but I need the 11" 4-lug disc brake rotors... someone help me out :confused: ~ thanks guys...... Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I searched high and low and I can't find anyone who sells 4-lug disc brake rotors? I'm actually pretty shocked:eek: I mean, it seems common enough that I could find some. As for redrilling a 5-lug rotor, I've been told one of those holes in the 5-lug rotor is gonna cause me problems.... so what am I left with? Well ~ stick with the drums all around, or fork out some cash and switch over to 5-lug ~ which means new wheels:( new rear 5-lug brakes:( new 5-lug rear axles:( ~ all I need is some 4-lug rotors for the front ~ someone must have figured this out by now:eek: Hopefully ~ it's YOU:D so give me a clue on where to get 4-lug disc brake rotors, or where to get 5-lug rotors redrilled:confused: catch ya later guys:beer:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i think it'd actually be easy ta redrill the rotors... my best friend had his 4 lugger redrilled, drums, but what's the diff ??? he drilled from 4 to 5... why not 5 ta 4 ???

check with a local machine shop, fairly inexpensive... if ya have a drill press you could prolly do yerself... the set up is the key... you'd use same studs as in rotors now, just one less...

just my thoughts... i'd check it out...

·
Registered
288 Posts
i was at Modern Performance Classic today and Rudy mentioned that he now carries a 4-lug front disc conversion kit. i have never heard of such a thing before but i'm pretty stoked because i'd rather not change out the rear end and get new rims/tires. i think he said the kit was $695 but i'd give them a call and see if they'd sell you just the rotors separately.

has anyone else heard of this 4-lug front disc kit?

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I have thought about this a little before, and I have seen some 4 lug rotors. It's been a long time, but I think a f0rd fairmont has some that will work. I don't know about the caliper and bracket though. It would be neet to find a low buck alternative, I have fake 4 lug Centerlines, I think they are Eagles.

KenDog

·
Registered
288 Posts
just got a reply back from ABS Power Brake and their 4-lug front disc conversion kit is $390 + $120 if you want the master cylinder w/ prop valve.

anyone deal with these guys before?

·
Registered
730 Posts
anybody know if the round nub (don't know what its called) indexing ring/collar on the end of the axle is the same diameter as a 5 lug axle? In the future on my wagon I am thinking of going the route of re-drilling the axles.

arndog

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
to my knowledge it's the same... my Friend here locally had his Son's 4 lugger redrilled not too long ago... the centering "Nub" was same diameter ;)

hope i helped :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts