Chevy Nova Forum banner

241 - 260 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

Just joined the site. I also just purchased a 67 Nova SS and hoping to learn as I go here. First Nova I've had in many years. It's a 327, auto, Red with a black vinyl top, black bucket seat interior. The car came from Florida and I'm planning on using it as a driver. My first question is: how hard is it to put a rack and pinion steering system on the car. I'd also like to put four wheel disc and an Heidt front end under it. This will be a winter project. Thanks for your help in advance:yes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I'm new to the site. Just picked up a 63 wagon. Its a runner driver but I have plans for her. Been looking around this site for ideas. I live in graham don't see a lot of wagons around here. You NW guys I'm the president of a local car club. MISS BEHAVIN. We have a fb page and web page missbehavincc.org check us out. Hope to find some good infor here.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Just joined the site. I also just purchased a 67 Nova SS and hoping to learn as I go here. First Nova I've had in many years. It's a 327, auto, Red with a black vinyl top, black bucket seat interior. The car came from Florida and I'm planning on using it as a driver. My first question is: how hard is it to put a rack and pinion steering system on the car. I'd also like to put four wheel disc and an Heidt front end under it. This will be a winter project. Thanks for your help in advance:yes:
WELCOME to the site.
As for your R&P, Heidts are OK. I have a NEW VERSION of the TCI , setup under my 67, & love it. We have a member(name escapes me) that is a TCI dealer. Check him out. Look under forums and look at the TCI entry.
Post some pics of your new ride ...

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
WELCOME to the site.
As for your R&P, Heidts are OK. I have a NEW VERSION of the TCI , setup under my 67, & love it. We have a member(name escapes me) that is a TCI dealer. Check him out. Look under forums and look at the TCI entry.
Post some pics of your new ride ...
His name is Tim (screen name is ibuildm). Tim's Hot Rods in Davenport, WA. Great guy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Meridian, Idaho I have a 72 rally nova that I got back in high school its white with dark green interior, unfortunately it was stolen from my driveway while visiting my grandma for x-mas back in 01' the little punk crashed it into a parked car a half dozen parking lot islands(with trees) and left it in a ditch a county over had to pay to get it out of impound x-mas day. Shortly after that I bought a 70 LS6 454 from a good friend of mine, put it in drove the car only a few times with the bb the suspension was shot and dangerous so now its been on jack stand in my garage since 04' been working on it slowly but raising 3 kids doesn't leave much left over for the nova. But you do what you can and I'm still making progress just really slowly

·
Registered
11 Posts
67 nova ss

I am in Boise Idaho. I have a 67 SS I bought out of Pitt Meadows BC November 2013. Since I know these cars inside out I am taking it to the next level even though the previous took amazing car of the car it needed a few things to be how I want it. I also did the GM Canada vintage verification on the car which was worth every penny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joining the club...

Hey guys,

I'm Nathan from Albany, OR (25 min south of Salem), and I bought a '77 Nova in Portland 3 years ago. It has a SBC 305 with the 3 spd auto and 2.56 rear end. It came with the white vinyl top which was removed the next summer to find no shortage of rust. haha. :p Along with basic body repairs, I have plans and am also underway to do some modest personal custom modifications. As of lately, I have a 454 with a th400 tranny that I plan to swap sometime this summer. XD Found this forum site and I have already received plenty of advice and wisdom, and decided it was time to jump in!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm Nathan from Albany, OR (25 min south of Salem), and I bought a '77 Nova in Portland 3 years ago. It has a SBC 305 with the 3 spd auto and 2.56 rear end. It came with the white vinyl top which was removed the next summer to find no shortage of rust. haha. :p Along with basic body repairs, I have plans and am also underway to do some modest personal custom modifications. As of lately, I have a 454 with a th400 tranny that I plan to swap sometime this summer. XD Found this forum site and I have already received plenty of advice and wisdom, and decided it was time to jump in!

Thanks all!
Congrats on the Nova and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
67 2dr wagon in Salem,OR

Just finished a 67 wagon converted to 2 dr. Built along the lines if chev had kept building a nomad type wagon. I have sliding windows and a complete SS interior and exterior badging. Power is an LS-1 with 4l60 trans. Painted it correct Butternut Yellow. I just have to finish the interior. It has a TCI front with stock 10 bolt It's taken 5 years but finally see light at the end of the tunnel. It will heading to Hot August Nights for break in road test.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Three novas

I live in Pasaden, CA. have one 1965 SS and two 63 SS Convertibles projects, hope to have the 65 running sometime soon.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Just finished a 67 wagon converted to 2 dr. Built along the lines if chev had kept building a nomad type wagon. I have sliding windows and a complete SS interior and exterior badging. Power is an LS-1 with 4l60 trans. Painted it correct Butternut Yellow. I just have to finish the interior. It has a TCI front with stock 10 bolt It's taken 5 years but finally see light at the end of the tunnel. It will heading to Hot August Nights for break in road test.
Why don't you swing by Pleasanton, the end of August, would like to check out your ride:yes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would like to go to P Town as we normally go for August Goodguys but I have other family obligations. Thanks anyway. Hopefully next year. How many cars show for that event ?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Would like to go to P Town as we normally go for August Goodguys but I have other family obligations. Thanks anyway. Hopefully next year. How many cars show for that event ?
forget the August Good Guys and come to the largest Nova only show on the West Coast Labor Day weekend. I posted a link to the Flyer and Registration form. We have guys from the Northwest coming down from British Columbia, Washington and Oregon. Once you have been to this show you will be like the rest and can't wait for next years show to arrive. look forward to seeing your car at the show.

http://www.novajoe.com/ebay/carShowFlyer2014.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
This year was the biggest and best show we have every had. We had 102 registered cars as of Saturday afternoon. We made $7,386.00 from Registration, Raffle, Auction, silent auction and 50/50 raffle all this was for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. We want to thank all of those that made the trip down from the North West, we look forward to seeing you again next year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wyoming

I located in Wyoming and have a 1963 SS convertible that is a work in progress. Thus far I've done an SBC swap, new shocks all the way around. I have a ford 9" for the rear and a CPP mini subframe kit that needs to go in as well. I have to sell parts off it before I can get new though, like SS hubcaps and other misc parts. In time though, in time it will be (hopefully) something I can be psyched on! Anyone in Wyoming feel free to give a shout!

Thanks for the warm welcome too, SNS is the place!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nampa ID
66 post. Work in progress.
Things that have been installed:
DSE Mini Tubs
CBR 4 link on stock 10 bolt
3.36 geared posi unit
Subframe and rocker connectors
Floor pan "reworked"
CBR New style rack and pinion
CBR upper arms
Tanks inc EFI fuel tank
LS1 brakes on all four corners
Underbody paint

Things I have that need installed
LS1 with .010 over pistons, 243 heads, LS6 intake
4L60E transmission
Ididit steering column
ABS company 7 1/2" dual diaphram brake booster/master cylinder
Lots of misc. parts!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sam. Just recently moved from Phoenix to Kitsap County, WA. Got a 72 2 Door that is pending resto. Done some minor work to it, but with having had a kid a little under 2 years ago, money has been diverted. Just got the okay from the wife to have it blasted and powder coated pre-winter. :D

241 - 260 of 276 Posts