Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start this thread again.

Me first,

I'm in Twin Falls Idaho and I have a 73 nova with a 355.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Got my house sold in texas (woohoo.. can finish the nova now, once i find someplace to work on it!) currently in oak harbor, wa but will probably get a house in mount vernon...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a Cal. Blackplate 67 coupe. 62k original swapped out l6/pg for 400sb/700r,vintage air,flowmasters efi w/26#ejectors. great cruiser Bud

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Hey Guys, Brandon here.
Ive got a 67' 2 door sedan.
Mini Tubbed,subframe connectors, 8 point bar,glass hood and bumpers,355/350,4.11 posi and getting ready to go to the paint shop.
My other duece is a 62' hard top with manual floor shift and factory gauges.
Im here in the 'Couve in Washington

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Brent from PDX/Beaverton reporting for Nova duty.

I've got a 67 2dr hardtop currently under active rebuild. I'm swapping the I6/PG for a 355/350 combo. When I'm done there will be no major system that hasn't been touched, cleaned, or upgraded.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ken in Tigard (south of Portland) here. I have a 65 wagon. Done so far: two-tone paint, electrical front to back, custom guages, power seats/windows, all new interior, tilt column, 283/muncie 4-speed, 16" Centerlines billets. Just ordered a Scott's front clip and will be swapping in an LT1/4L60E.

Hey Shannon - you out there? I see you are in the right part of the country here in the Pacific Northwest! Remember all the suspension/steering/disc brake stuff you shipped me from Texas? I added power steering and some drop coils and guess what - I haven't gotten it on the road yet. I just ordered a front clip. Sound familiar? Another member of the board is buying it and soon it will be on it way back to Texas! :D

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Im here in Silverlake WA. Mines a 65 HT with a 283 and a glide. Coming soon - 400 smallblock, 700r4, Explorer 3.73, TCI clip.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, Todd in Salem, Or. again. I have a '67 Nova that is recently (almost) completed. The car was bought in Roseburg & was originally a 283 w/ powerglide. It now has a ZZ3 motor, 700R4,TCI front clip, Dana 60 w/ Explorer discs, MSD ignition, coated Hedmann's, Flowmasters, Lokar floor shifter & indicator, Griffin radiator, dark blue paint, dk. blue/ black interior, and Eagle rims. Any stereo suggestions? Thanks, Todd

M

·
0 Posts
I,m in Martinez CA have two 62's one is for sale the other is a TCI front with a 385ci and a 4 speed with bags and 17's Joe

·
Registered
178 Posts
Howdy, I'm Dave and I've got a 67 2 Door Hard top that has a bit of a rust problem. I've had it for 2 years and have spent some money and time on the interior. I can't put off the metal work any longer. The car has a 350, Powerglide, and 308 Posi 10 Bolt. I got a nitrous kit with the car, and I plan to re-install it and run the car at the drags once in a while. I have pretty much drag raced everything I've owned at one time or another.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I think we've finally determined where all of the 67s go to die when their time comes, in and around the Willamette Valley in the Pacific NW/Oregon.

I didn't realize that there were so many so close to me. Now if you malcontents wouldn't hide them in the garage all the time, I might not have been in the dark so long.

Nevermind the fact that mine has been hidden in my garage for the last 6 years. Do as I say, not as I do. :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
This holds true for a good friend from Silverton. He's got a nice 66 SS Automatic, a fully restored black 67 L-79, and he just bought a very low mile red 67 SS 327/4speed/12-bolt car. The 66 see's some street time, but the L-79 is a show-only car, and the red 67 was sitting for the past 12 years before he got it.

I'll definitely get mine out this summer, right now its not even good enough to be a "driver" I need to get the trunk pan installed so I can put in the gas tank, etc then I can at least take it for a spin.

Some other things it needs right now are...tail pipes, rear springs (she sags on the left side) and a new center link.

M

·
0 Posts
your buddy 's got a real 67 L79 car 1 of about7 or 8 built I would love to see that 1,I was watching dream car garage and they were thrashing a big block Yenco nova and they said 9 left in existence and this car will probably bring 300,00.00 so your buddy's car is priceless.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My bad! The L-79 he has is actually a 66 not a 67. It is definitely the real thing, and its as perfect a car as I've ever seen. He did all the work over about 14 months, pretty much dedicating every single night, and even his vacation time. He did all the assembly, and some of the suspension paint, etc. He had the body painted while it was all torn apart, and the engine/trans/rearend done by a machine shop. He's had the car in the Portland Roadster show, and the Rod & Custom show. As far as I know the only road miles were to drive the car to Les Schwab for a front end alignment :)

Sorry about the mistake, I should not post that late at night!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Man, look at all o' them '67's! :D

I live a little south of Seattle in Kent, Washington. I've got a '63 longroof that currently has a front disc conversion, but I'm hoping to replace the front clip sometime in the near future with a Chassisworks unit.
I replaced my 194/Powerglide with a 327/TH350.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only 1 other 3rd Gen. in the Northwest?
70 Nova named Fronkensteen for all the body parts needed to make it straight. It's a driver/tinkerer that has a 69 Camaro SS as a roommate in the garage.

Oh, Fronk & I are from Clackamas, Or.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Black '66 L79 factory a/c. '70 Fathom Blue Yenko Deuce, ran a 14.5 @ 99 mph on polyglas at the Supercar Reunion last summer. Live in Gig Harbor, Wa. Make sure to put July 24th on your calendars for the Gig Harbor Cruisers show at the Tacoma Narrows Airport. Always a great show. :D Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
San Francisco Bay area
64 nova 2 door 283 original v-8 car/powerglide
65 nova original ss hardtop w/250 at floor shif/powerglide
65 chevy c-10 w/edelbrock 327/th350
65 nova 4 door w/250//powerglide
73 olds omega w/roller 350 /th350
73 omega 4 door 250w/th350
74 nova hatchaback w/250 /th350
77 gmc high sierra w/400/turbo 400

Man I love novas
does anyone recognize this car? I sold it a few years ago and wanted to check on progress.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts