Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 1970 SS and will need new wheels and tires. Still early in the restoring process but thought I would ask if anyone has any recommendations for some wheels and where to buy them?

ABC

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Need to provide us with a little more info... You going back 100% stock ? If so then you only have a couple choices Rallies, I like the steelies with poverty caps for a tough muscle car look or you could do a bigger dia. rally wheel like 17's? But if not going completely stock then of coarse its unlimited. Just spend hours upon hours right here searching the web to see what you really like. I'm fortunate enough that I'm pretty good with photoshop so I was able to see exactly what my car looked like with some of my favorite styles until I found exactly what I wanted. Good luck with the restoration and keep us posted.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i'll agree with the question, stock or will it be sometime in the future upgraded? decide exactly what your plans are for now and for the future so the wheels/tires are bought only once. if upgrade, larger brakes, dropped suspension... whatever. might be best to plan for the future...

if you do have somewhat of a dream list so to speak it's very possible some of our other members are using the same components and can assist you in info on what you'll need to run those components.

seen a lot of members make the mistake of purchasing incorrect backspaced wheels and then have to try and sell/recoup funds to buy the right set for their cars... do it once and save save save. ;)

Welcome to SNS, glad to have you on board... i have only one more thing to add....

:worthless:

:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well I am old school guy ..... the trend nowdays is the bigger wheels tucked up under the fenders... my way? 15in cragar s/s. That said, look around.. there is only a million or so choices out there... someone here posted a link that ill repost now... was right up my alley.. btw prolly a PG13 kind of blog...

EDIT: (Moderators note) That link - though there are some cool pics - is more then "PG" and does not conform to site rules. Please refrain from posting it again - thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts