Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I need HELP. My 63 Nova (6L Sedan) needs new tires and I want to change the wheels as well. I was hoping to get a set of 15"x7 (4 on 4.5) wheels (I found a few nice options) with 195/60R15 tires but I am not sure if that will fit since I have a CPP mini sub-frame kit with a 1.5" drop installed.

My car currently runs on 14" with 195/60R14 tires.

Your guidance and input will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the CPP 2" drop spindles on my 63 and I'm running 15x7 corvette rallye's with 4.5 in back space with 195/55R15 tires with minor rubbing when the wheel is cranked to one side while entering a driveway.
hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
i had a 63 with 2" drop springs in the front, i was running 205/55r15 and i believe 4.5" backspacing as well, mine rubbed a lilttle like travis63 explained but i just cut the curled under lip on the fender off the front where it rubbed, fender looked the same from the outside and no more rub

·
Registered
1963 Chevy II SS Hard Top
18 Posts
i had a 63 with 2" drop springs in the front, i was running 205/55r15 and i believe 4.5" backspacing as well, mine rubbed a lilttle like travis63 explained but i just cut the curled under lip on the fender off the front where it rubbed, fender looked the same from the outside and no more rub
What did you do regarding the steering box? I have the same subframe kit and have it all bolted up but im not noticing any provisions for the steering box stock or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,925 Posts
What did you do regarding the steering box? I have the same subframe kit and have it all bolted up but im not noticing any provisions for the steering box stock or aftermarket?
This post is from 2009.

Reactions: Sano63
1 - 5 of 5 Posts