Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to run American Racing Torq Thrust D 14X6 3 3/8 bs with -2mm offset on my 67 Nova. What tires do you recommend, I'm thinking 245 or 235 60 14 on the rear and 205 70 on front. Do you think I'll have any rubbing issues
Thanks Dave

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
that will depend entirely on what brakes you are running or will plan on running in the future... front & rear discs move the wheels out... depending on the disc kit will determine how much backspace will be needed...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that will depend entirely on what brakes you are running or will plan on running in the future... front & rear discs move the wheels out... depending on the disc kit will determine how much backspace will be needed...
No disc brakes suspension and rearend is 100% stock and will remain that way as long as I own the car. I'm wanting to stay with the 14x6 wheels

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about a 15x7 for the rear only 3 3/4 bs -6mm offset Torq Thrust D on the rear, what tire with no rubbing issues.

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
3,970 Posts
205/70/14 all the way around. This allows you to rotate your tires. The tire is 25.3" tall. The other option would be 205/65/14 all the way around. This tire is 24.5" tall and may clear slightly better. It's all about the look you're looking for...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
205 might be the route, I just dont want any rubbing issues but would like to fill the rear fenderwells up also. Keep the toughts coming fellas, I only want to do this one time. LOL :)

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
3,970 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to make sure I'm thinking correctly.... If I have a 14x6 with 3 3/8 BS that tells me I will have 2 5/8 wheel on the side towards the outside / quarter panel. Right .....:confused:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok... I'm still scrathin my head and my... well you know. I'm now looking at Coys 15x7 4" bs for the rear and 15x6 3.5 bs front. What do you all think, still not enough backspace. What tires ??:confused: Please help...

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
how many miles have you put on your or a ChevyII? if it's really really REALLY a special car then maybe originality is your best route but man, if it's not a special car i really think after driving it a while you're definitely going to want suspension upgrades... brakes too. if you go that route as probably 90% of us have, then 17's are really the way to go. the suspension packages are discussed so much with the MustangII type clips, with Church Boy's type of kit but brakes aren't really talked about in depth as they should... for the cost of either front or rears you can possibly install both front & rear using the Camaro LS stuff. with most big brake kits the LS brakes call for 17's.

you're buying rims now... you only want to do this the one time. this stuff gets expensive... if you're in the area of another member i'd see about test driving a modified car vs the stock configuration and see which one is more "driver friendly"

not trying to push you but after being here a while i hope you too find a bunch of guys to cruise with like i and others have. makes cruising nice when the car handles and stops efficiently... i've driven stock ChevyII's, they leave a lot to be desired... i enjoy mine a lot more being modified than i did when i drove a stocker...

regardless of the decision... good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Havent put a hole lot of miles on the Nova, sold my 65 Chevelle SS in July and bought the Nova from a buddy at the end of July. Nova has been completely restored. It was 100% rust free L30 PG PS posi rear manual brakes 89,000 original miles. Guy I bought it from owned since 1988 and put a total of 6,000 miles on it in 24 years. I dont have any intentios of upgrading the suspension or going to disk brakes. Plan on leaving it all original except for wheels.

Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts