Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a set of new steel wheels on my 67 and save the original rims and hubcaps for shows. My proble is: what size rim. I know I need 14 inch rims, but the width is the question. The Service manual say the cars came with 4 inch wide rims, but the tire store measured 5 inch bead to bead with a 4 inch off set. I have taled to Wheel Vintiques in Fresno, CA and they are saying no more than 6 inch wide on new rims. Comment and direction form someone in the know is needed. Larry

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I am looking to put a set of new steel wheels on my 67 and save the original rims and hubcaps for shows. My proble is: what size rim. I know I need 14 inch rims, but the width is the question. The Service manual say the cars came with 4 inch wide rims, but the tire store measured 5 inch bead to bead with a 4 inch off set. I have taled to Wheel Vintiques in Fresno, CA and they are saying no more than 6 inch wide on new rims. Comment and direction form someone in the know is needed. Larry
pretty sure they were 14x6

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheels

Thank You. What they said at Wheels Vintiques, 14 X 6 would fit. I am just concerned at tire hitting rare front fender trim - and other stuff. LY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts