Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a few times over the past weeks regarding my all stock 62 Nova that I'm bringing back to life. I've been looking for white walls and found that Wheel Vintiques appear to have 4 lug smoothies that may fit. Just curious if I do move from the 13" 4 lug, to a 14" or 15" 4 lug, will these fit without rubbing? Any suggestions on tire sizing? I see alot of discussion on backspacing and I'm not an expert by any means. My current tires are a 195/70/13.

I was thinking of picking up a 14" or 15" as there are more tire options and it would give the ol' girl a different stance as I figure out long term plans. Believe the 13" stock setup was 4 x 4.5"

https://www.wheelvintiques.com/15x7-smthie-4-4-1-4-4-1-2-chrm-4-quot-b-s.html

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had some issues with Wheel Vintiques over the last few years. The metal is so soft in the lugnut seat that it quickly wears after removing/re torquing the wheels just a couple of times. One set was so bad I decided to just chuck 'em.

Its too bad because they make a lot of neat, reasonably priced wheels. But man...that recycled Yugo metal just seems too soft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts