Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to the right direction to find out information regarding wheels sizes, backspacing, offset etc. as well as tire sizing for my 1966 Nova.

I am looking into Wheel options for my car and would like to know what my options are if i decide to run a 15", 16", or 17" wheel. I would like to be able to determine the best width and backspacing to run in order to get the biggest tires possible and the best look.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What _I_ did was look at a lot of 2nd gens to find the look I liked. Then I found out what size wheel & tire those cars were running.
This page helped:
http://www.2quicknovas.com/6267.html

Can someone point me to the right direction to find out information regarding wheels sizes, backspacing, offset etc. as well as tire sizing for my 1966 Nova.

I am looking into Wheel options for my car and would like to know what my options are if i decide to run a 15", 16", or 17" wheel. I would like to be able to determine the best width and backspacing to run in order to get the biggest tires possible and the best look.

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is great thanks for all the links. That 2quicknovas site is great. This is a pic i got off there and this is the exact look i am after.

According to the site, it's a '66 SS that now sports 245/50-16 tires mounted on 16x7 aftermarket Corvette rally wheels out back and 195/50-16s up front on similar 16x6 wheels. All four wheels have 4" backspacing and no trimming was necessary front or back.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks for this site link! I have been collecting info for the past 2 months on everything except what wheels will fit on my wagon. This is the look I am after... but with classic Cragar SS rims, but these look nice too.

DW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts