Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My currie rear end came with 3" long wheel studs. These are too long for the wheels I am getting. My question is, can I cut them down to a shorter length? If so, any tips on the best way to do this?

Thanks Kent

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Call up Currie and just get the short ones and swap them out. They usually ask you what you want. What happened?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered it a couple years ago, I honestly don't remember.

Don't have the wheels yet, be hear in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When my car was measured for the wheels, he said I could use open lug for a pro street style,, Closed acorn lug nut that would stick out some, or cut it down to standard length.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my strange axles and bolts, mine are bolts, not studs. I have a lathe and just cut off about .750" and chamfered the edge abit. You could also use a cutoff wheel and chamfer the edge with a sander. JR

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
...My question is, can I cut them down to a shorter length? If so, any tips on the best way to do this?
Yes. A sawzall, hacksaw, or cutoff wheel will work. Thread a nut on to the stud before cutting, then back it off after the stud is cut. Clean up the cut end with a file and chase the threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts