Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my baby shined up for the summer, but the wheels could use some work after 30+ years of sitting in a garage. Here are my questions:

Did the wheel colors match the car? I am assuming they did but the wheels look more creamy next to the ermine white, could be grime, just checking, when i repaint I would go with ermine unless someone says otherwise.

Where could I buy new steel wheels, in place of the old, I believe they are 13"X5" rims, someone please correct me, not sure on that. If I can't find new ones I will get the old ones sand blasted and painted.

I shined up the caps and they turned out pretty decent, but I haven't been able to find any like them (i probably don't want to see the price either:no:) They probably would have been the standard or lowest line of caps.

Any Help would be much appreciated.:yes:

·
Registered
756 Posts
WHEELS WERE PAINTED TO MATCH THE COLOR OF THE CAR. UNLESS IT WAS A 66 SS THEN THE WHEELS WERE BLACK WITH SS HUBCAPS. :chev::thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Greetings,

I'm fairly certain that 13" and 14" wheels were both available in 66-67. According to the window sticker for my '67, it has RPO P67 6.95-14-4 whitewall tires. Here's a pic of the original rim.

Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I believe they used different hub caps on different trim levels, etc. My car had the original steel 13" wheels on it, but had full hubcaps that covered the entire wheel. I still have the hubcaps if interested in them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Finally got my baby shined up for the summer, but the wheels could use some work after 30+ years of sitting in a garage. Here are my questions:

Did the wheel colors match the car? I am assuming they did but the wheels look more creamy next to the ermine white, could be grime, just checking, when i repaint I would go with ermine unless someone says otherwise.

Where could I buy new steel wheels, in place of the old, I believe they are 13"X5" rims, someone please correct me, not sure on that. If I can't find new ones I will get the old ones sand blasted and painted.

I shined up the caps and they turned out pretty decent, but I haven't been able to find any like them (i probably don't want to see the price either:no:) They probably would have been the standard or lowest line of caps.

Any Help would be much appreciated.:yes:

Yes! your rims should match the color of the car...

HOW ABOUT SOME PICTURES OF YOUR MOREDOOR......

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,637 Posts
My first 67 was blue but had black steel wheels. It was all original too. Bought it from a little old lady in Pasadena (I swear, I lived there then!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
67 Posts
wheel questions

I believe that the 100 series car wheels are body color, all others black. I' ved owned over 350 66-67 novas. MARK

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on wheels

They were 13 in. I just bought some 14 in OEM Steel wheels and some tires off of a guy in town I have been chatting with. The wheels are in primer So i just have to get them painted and mounted, now the dilemma comes in.

What kind of hub caps did they make for 14 in wheels? I would like to stick with a dog dish (i think that is the terminology) cap, just to show off some of the white on the wheel. I could buy some caps for a later chevelle like those on my parents, but I would like to stick to Nova stuff, even though the stuff I just bought will be a little different. I am planning on sticking the other tires/wheels/caps away for now, just to keep em safe.

Finally. WHERE COULD I BUY SOME HUB CAPS????? Summit racing and other wheel places have mostly center caps, which I could deal with a simple one around the lugs, but i would like to cover the lugs up.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tire and Wheel Update

So here is where I am at so far. Mother dear found a set of fairly new van hub caps (4 for 10 bucks) at a garage sale, and to be honest they don't look that bad to me, wish they weren't as deep. I will probably leave them till something comes along at the right price. They don't take away from the car too much, which is much needed on my Mabel!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=35464243&l=a76bdeddfc&id=30102151

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=35464241&l=251a0fe0fd&id=30102151

whole album: last 4-5 pics I think http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2144384&id=30102151&l=50f841fde1

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rim color would be black on the SS and 400 series that received a full hub cap. All the poverty type smaller caps were used with body colored rims.

Jerry in KY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts