Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 64 hdtop trying to figure out what size wheel and tires will work without any modifications

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
When you go to the website mentioned above my car is the blue 64 SS with the rally wheels. Lowered about 2 inches all around. Drives real well with barely a tire rub with a full fuel load.

Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guys I still have to order my wheels, thinking about torq thrust II was told to use 15x7 with 4 1/2 back space on rear with a 235/60 15 tire on the front same wheel with a 205/60 /15 tire what do you think

·
Registered
639 Posts
I could't find the Torque Thrust in the BS I needed so I went with the Wheel Vintique chrome rallys. 15x7 w/ 4.5" BS and 235/60/15 is about the max in the rear without some work. Fronts were 15x6 w/ 3.5" BS and 195 /60/15's. Had to adjust the fender brace but they fit.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I think you should measure your car to see what space you have in each wheelwell and get a set of wheels made with the correct backspace to center the wheel/tire in the wheelwell. Also determine the max tire section width and look for tires that meet your situation. You should leave 3/4" to 1" on both sides of your tires for clearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts