Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I know this is ghetto, but money is tight at the moment.

I need to get my Nova moving pretty quickly and I don’t have good tires. I have a set of 2000 Buick Regal rims with NEW 16” Goodyears on them. They came off a car with a seized motor. The bolt pattern is 5x115 as opposed to my Novas 5x4.5...

They make spacers that adapt from a 4.5 on the vehicle side to a 115 on the wheel side. Any suggestions about this?

The car will not be seeing any regular use on these wheels it’s just so I can get her running and move the vehicle from place to place around town.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m just not entirely sure what I need exactly. Am I right that the adapter must fit my 5x4.75, 7/16th thread hub and also my 5x115, M12 thread wheels? Im having to change both pattern and stud size... seems like a hard combo to find unless I swap out the lugs on the adapter to fit the Buick wheels

·
Registered
406 Posts
I’m just not entirely sure what I need exactly. Am I right that the adapter must fit my 5x4.75, 7/16th thread hub and also my 5x115, M12 thread wheels? Im having to change both pattern and stud size... seems like a hard combo to find unless I swap out the lugs on the adapter to fit the Buick wheels
7/16 is 11.1mm. So just get the adapter to go from 5x4.75 (or 5x120) to 5x115. since you are just using it to roll around, I wouldn't worry too much about tolerances being perfect.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, it took a lot of searching through EBay but I have a set of adapters on the way that are supposed to work.

I have been trying to sell the Buick wheels for months and months, with nothing but enquiries from time wasters. The tires cost $500 a couple weeks before the car they were on seized it’s motor.

I debated getting some 16” wheels to swap the tires onto, or getting some 14’s for my rally wheels, but this was the most cost effective option for now. I’m not sure what wheel I want to end up with yet and this way means I’m still not dedicated to a particular wheel yet ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
How’d the adapters work out? Where’s the picture of the wheels mounted? Idk if I’m the only one interested hahahha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts