Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still in the process of building it but just for s***s and giggles, what do you think it will run?...
1974 Nova with 6" harwood cowl hood, interior is limited to 2 plastic racing buckets (usual drag racing interior, you know?) Leaf spring suspension with lakewood slapper bars, 9 in mickey slicks, 4" nitto front runners, 12 gal fuel cell, Holley electric fuel pump, MSD 6-AL with a TH-350 trans w/ a shift kit, 4000 converter... The rear end is a Ford 9" with 4.56 gears, Moser 33 spline spool and Moser 33 spline alxes.

The engine is a 350 factory GM block bored .030, honed, line honed, the crank is a steel GM crank (polished), Manley aluminum rods (about 440 grams ea.) , manley light weight wristpins, Manley dome pistons (12 to 1),Hastings rings, Moroso oil pan, Melling M55HV oil pump, Moroso windage tray, clevite bearings, the cam is a crane cams solid roller with a .525 lift, Crane roller lifters, the heads are Trick Flow twisted wedge aluminum heads (stock port but 3 angle valve job) with 2.02 and 1.60 valves, 180cc and 64cc runners and chambers, Comp cams chromoly push rods, Trick Flow 1.6 roller rockers, Edelbrock Bowtie Victor Jr. intake, ported to match heads, Holley 750 dbl pumper, MSD billet distributor with taylor wires, CSR electric water pump, Hooker headers that are fully coated by Syngery Coatings. I think thats about it? if not let me know what i missed, like i said im in the process of building it so i might missed things along the way... Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
11.80 1/4 7.50 1/8 mile

Al

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i say 13.0. something wont work right. :)

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
With that gear I'll say 11.50 if you can get it to hook. But that might be tough with 9" tire, so make it 11.90 :D

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
As of June 1 it's still being built so I doubt it's been to the track yet.

Don't take this as a negative but I've never understood why people want people to guess their ET when there are so many variables it's impossible. I guess it makes you feel good if someone guesses a fast time but there's no way to know unless you actually go out and do it. There's SO much more to it than just horsepower. Keyboard racing is a lot easier, way less work, and a lot cheaper!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts