Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the missing headlight and parking lamp bezels, what is wrong here?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The front of the hood sticks out a hair farther than the front of the fender? Just a guess. :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, second. Almost a Bingo. I think it is a clipped up 66. On my recently purchased '63. Will need to replace it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
haha woo hoo i was close:D ....so what exactly where they tryin to do, put a 2nd gen front end on a 1st gen....i actually thought about doing that a while back on mine

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I didn't do it. Somehow the former owner managed to bend a snip the second gen grill on to it. I have no Idea why, maybe they ordered the wrong grill or had that one lying about. I didn't notice it till a week after I bought it, it really looked as though it belongs on a 1st gen. But the Idea of having a newer front and back suspension does sound appealing. I like the idea of more efficient use of existing HP.:cool:

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Kev1 said:
Other than the missing headlight and parking lamp bezels, what is wrong here?
Looks like a mangled 65 grille, and a crooked headlight. :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the crooked headlight too, Rich. Reminded me of my wifey's cross-eyed sister :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stand corrected. I believe it is a 65 grille so it is a still first generation grille. There is center emblem, but didn't the center emblem on 65's usually say CHEVROLET on them. This one has a bow tie just like the one you picture and right in the center of the grille. The only reason I thought 1966 is because of the black painted faux grate towards the headlight ends.

·
Registered
689 Posts
65 for sure

It is definitely a 65 and it looks to me like the headlight bucket and mud bucket are rusted away so that the headlight is pushed in. Might just be the bracket on the head light bucket. hard to tell from the picture. the front emblem is correct. No lettering on the 65 grill emblem, just Chevrolet on the hood bar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts